Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ahead of the grand reveal in Frankfurt that is coming up quick, Infiniti has released a photo of the interior of the Q30.

A Dinamica suede-like material from italy was used to line the roof and support pillars, and Infiniti says that "only the finest quality materials were used throughout the rest of the cabin." Infiniti also points out an elevated hip-point for the front seats which should add a better sense of control.

“Q30’s sculpted exterior and asymmetric cabin design are unmistakably Infiniti,” says President of Infiniti, Roland Krueger. “With the Q30, we are entering a new segment for Infiniti and broadening the offer to our customers. This vehicle is a vital part of our strategy to be a top tier global manufacturer of premium cars.”

Be sure to watch for the official unveiling of the Q30 at the Frankfurt Motor Show at 10:15 am on September 15th.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Ahead of the grand reveal in Frankfurt that is coming up quick, Infiniti has released a photo of the interior of the Q30.

A Dinamica suede-like material from italy was used to line the roof and support pillars, and Infiniti says that "only the finest quality materials were used throughout the rest of the cabin." Infiniti also points out an elevated hip-point for the front seats which should add a better sense of control.

“Q30’s sculpted exterior and asymmetric cabin design are unmistakably Infiniti,” says President of Infiniti, Roland Krueger. “With the Q30, we are entering a new segment for Infiniti and broadening the offer to our customers. This vehicle is a vital part of our strategy to be a top tier global manufacturer of premium cars.”

Be sure to watch for the official unveiling of the Q30 at the Frankfurt Motor Show at 10:15 am on September 15th.
Fab interior.

Is Frankfurt unveiling at 10:15 BST or ET?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm curious what the different materials options will be for the interior. I like the wood in the OP picture, but I would be very happy to see something less glossy and more porous and natural looking.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm curious what the different materials options will be for the interior. I like the wood in the OP picture, but I would be very happy to see something less glossy and more porous and natural looking.
It appears that interior materials are very dependent on variant you get judging from the rest of the lineup. Sometimes you get a choice of different colors of leather, but the trim seems totally attached to whether you are getting a Sport version, or Limited version, etc...

·
Registered
766 Posts
I like how the interior looks although I was expecting they do away with an in dash integrated infotainment system, rather one that looks like a tablet on top the dash... it's the direction most brands are moving towards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like how the interior looks although I was expecting they do away with an in dash integrated infotainment system, rather one that looks like a tablet on top the dash... it's the direction most brands are moving towards.
Thankfully they didn't do this. I think the Merc and BMW "we glued a tablet to the top of the dash" look is horrible.

·
Registered
168 Posts
And Infiniti wants to do things that will differentiate them from the other brands, especially considering the GLA is basically the same vehicle as the Q30.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Best way to look at the partnership is that they share the barebones of vehicles and apply all the usual you're used to in their current vehicle which with the recent Q30 reveal that proved true.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sharing barebones? yes. But if you look at the two side by side they are extremely similar. Same -- but different. It literally is the same car branded differently.

·
Registered
766 Posts
There will be those similarities but it's different enough, much unlike decades ago when design changed slightly, just mainly the front and rear ends getting minor changes.

·
Registered
766 Posts
That would be for the seats. For adjusting the seat and to memorize the seat adjustments you make for a range of drivers.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea each of the buttons is so that you can program in a position for a different driver. One for mom, one for dad, and one for whoever else might drive your car on the regular.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Kind of surprised they haven't moved it to the screen/infotainment system since that can help with cleaning up the design and even allowing for more seat memories, unlimited if someone wanted to.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just realized this but there are only 2 interior trims on the build page, black and graphite. That's unfortunate because I was hoping for a lighter color interior.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Kind of surprised they haven't moved it to the screen/infotainment system since that can help with cleaning up the design and even allowing for more seat memories, unlimited if someone wanted to.

It could work, but I think that there is room to put it on the door, and people intuitively think that the seat position controls should be on the door. Burying it in a menu may not be the best tactic.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Unless they move the option for additional memories to the screen since to some that will be helpful but when it gets to that... it's unlikely.

Might have been a very good reason why they didn't change it at all, been this way for decades.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts