Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Infiniti Q30 will be equipped with a supercharged 2.5L four cylinder hybrid engine with addition of a electric motor producing a wopping 245 horsepower. but thinking about the petrol and electric mixture only make me concerned about the price.

Do you think that enough horsepower for the Q30?

·
Registered
55 Posts
245 horse power for a car this size?! That sounds very promising. I have yet to test drive and feel the power range of a hybrid. With the CVT transmission will get me more mileage right?

·
Registered
58 Posts
This sounds really good and all but it just really depends on how much he Q30 will be priced at. I have a feeling this will be in the $35,000 range because of the hybrid motor. If it was for that I would guess $3000-$4000 less just for a regular petrol engine.

245 horse power for a car this size?! That sounds very promising. I have yet to test drive and feel the power range of a hybrid. With the CVT transmission will get me more mileage right?
In my arguement 245 hp sounds good but having a cvt might just take the fun out of it regardless of the power.

·
Registered
55 Posts
what is wrong with the cvt transmission? My best interest lies with in the most mileage I could get from one tank of gas. I have had my fun in the past with other cars and kind of drowned out. I think this is the best transmission to go along with the hybrid. Just depends on what you want.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If thats your case then the Q30 might be tailored just for you. The thing that bothers me is the artificial shift points with the cvt. And from what I am thinking the gear ratios are just too long.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Do you know what weight will be like? with that much power I hope weight is around 3400-3500, less would obviously be better!

Also DCT would be better in the Q30, i'd much rather have it over CVT

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am hoping for the weight to be around 3000lbs but since their might be a battery to lug around for the Q30 it might be more than that. 3200-3000 might be more reasonable but yes less wight makes more sense for mileage.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I really don't get why this new Q30 would get such a boring and outdated chassis. even with a dual clutch transmission you can still achieve good fuel mileage. From what I heard the CVT transmission's real benefit lies in it's towing capacity and your not going to be towing anything with the Q30.

·
Registered
766 Posts
not impressed with hearing about the CVT transmission, funny that Infiniti is doing this at a time when some car makers are sending it to the chopping block. They should just throw in a traditional automatic or offer a DCT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts