Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Lol, everyone did ask for it and infiniti won't be giving them away for free.
It's a smart move since this is a luxury brand and a product that while an entry-level product, has to have some things with a bit of exclusiveness to it. At least we won't be seeing these on every Q30! Those that really want it will get it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Looks like they're updating their configurator to add in the new alloys and maybe we'll even see a few new trim options.
Just saw this when trying to access the Q30 build page.
The Infiniti Q30 configurator is currently under maintenance. It will be available soon with the full Infiniti Q30 line-up.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Was browsing the UK infiniti site again, can't stay away from it, and found out the kind of alloy wheels allocated to each Q30 trim.

18"5 double-spoke light alloy wheels with 235/50R18 tyres
SE
Premium

18"5 double-spoke light two-tone resurfaced black alloy wheels
City Black Edition

19"5 double-spoke light alloy wheels with 235/45R19 Run flat tyres
Sport

Not sure about the other trims as nothing was listed under them yet.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Bummer, the White Nappa leather seats with graphite inserts and red stitching is only available for the 2.2d Diesel DCT 7 AWD and not Petrol... Maybe need to think about what I want and what I'm willing to compromise on.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bummer, the White Nappa leather seats with graphite inserts and red stitching is only available for the 2.2d Diesel DCT 7 AWD and not Petrol... Maybe need to think about what I want and what I'm willing to compromise on.

At least you would be able to wear blue jeans without staining any white leather if you opt for a petrol model. :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
NEW 20 Page Brochure

Q30 CONFIGURATOR NOW UP AND RUNNING! :D

Lots of options available now. See link:

https://www.infiniti.co.uk/cars/new-cars/q30/-/Configurator.html#configure/A
The 20 page specification brochure is now on line viz:
https://www.infiniti-cdn.net/conten...l_Brochures_23122015/Q30_MY16_UK_16012016.pdf

Because the full range of configuration are not immediately available, my choice being in 6 months time plus the fact I don't like the design and location of the Electronic Parking Break, no discount on offer and rather expensive servicing charges I have now formally cancelled my order. I have now switched my interest to the forthcoming AUDI Q2 small SUV to be launched at either the Detroit or Geneva motor shows the concept viz:

audi_q2_1.jpg - Member Albums - Audi Q2 Forum, Audi Q2 Owners Club

Regretfully, this will be my last posting on this forum. Thank you all for your informative contributions over the last 4 months since I joined.

Ciao everyone. :x

·
Registered
189 Posts
I want Heated front seats but it only comes in the Business pack which costs an additional 2,270 Euro. Not a lot of options with the list of individual features... Hope they change it for NA.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I want Heated front seats but it only comes in the Business pack which costs an additional 2,270 Euro. Not a lot of options with the list of individual features... Hope they change it for NA.
Chances are they seen it as a good way to upsell, I bet if it didn't work out as well as they had planned, then a different approach should be expected for next year.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's a good way to upsell but how will the market react to it? May drive away people like to customize their vehicles instead of being forced to go with one or the other.

·
Registered
766 Posts
It's a good way to upsell but how will the market react to it? May drive away people like to customize their vehicles instead of being forced to go with one or the other.
If the lack of heated seats as a standard option drives someone away, they don't have their priorities right, there has to be more about a vehicle that facts into you getting it, things far more significant. Things like heated seat people don't think twice about, either you think its useless or really want it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not just heated seats, I assume some people would prefer to add their own features instead of being forced to buy packages. By up-selling people, their final configured car could end up costing more than what they're willing to pay but they may not want to let go of some features just to reduce the cost. So they could look elsewhere.
But now that the build page has been taken down, maybe this won't be the case anymore. Infiniti could be overhauling the configuration options.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If the lack of heated seats as a standard option drives someone away, they don't have their priorities right, there has to be more about a vehicle that facts into you getting it, things far more significant. Things like heated seat people don't think twice about, either you think its useless or really want it.
I agree....someone had to decide what you'd get at entry level and top spec hence the current range, after all how would you then agree the price if every car had everything as standard ??
Just look at it...its gorgeous from every angle...and don't forget it's only just gone into production, so it's not only better looking than its rivals it's exclusive.
The car feels planted on the road, it's low and quiet wide in feel, solid with very little body roll, rather like floating on a magic carpet that's been built like a battle tank, takes me back to the sense of invincibility you got from old saab's and volvo's.
Yes the electronic parking brake in the facia feels a bit weird at first but you soon get used to it then forget what all the fuss was about.
The colours are a bit reserved but it's not a Fiat 500 or an rs focus dred the thought they offer it in neon green.
Personally I think the pearlescent white looks the business with the contrasting gloss black trims and chrome embellishments.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Malbec Black is actually a very nice color now that I'm taking a second look at it. Has a hint of dark red.
The tech pack is a must with the rear view camera.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts