Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for posting up your review and pictures!
Since you got to sit in it, was it comfortable? Were you easily able to fit inside without bumping your head? your heads looks like it's going to touch the roof in the first picture.

Also, are those special wheels alloy or steel?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Very comfortable, I am 5 Ft 7 in and got into the car ok. Did not note the clearance between head and roof. I will see the car again at the local shopping mall on 23rd October during its UK tour so I will make a list of questions anyone would like to post on this particular thread.

The wheels in my pics are special ALLOYS not yet officially available on the SE & CITY BLACK spec cars. Infiniti are now reviewing their specification of steel wheels on the SE because of customer feedback including myself, saying that Alloys MUST be available or else! .....no order. ?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hopefully they work it to our favor since that's how it should be.

Car makers know how to play the game, just offer what's good enough till someone complains or till the competition does something better.. it's like chess :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm 5 Ft 6 so I should be able to fit comfortably but my friends are mostly over 6 Ft and I worry that they may not fit in the car comfortably without hitting their head. Leg room in the back is a concern too. Was the trunk roomy? Did you get to press all the buttons while the car was turned on?

Will they come out with more trims other than the alloy tires? So many questions on my mind!!!

Lol, thanks for putting up with me. :D

·
Registered
766 Posts
Ideally they'll make it good enough for the average person of the overall demographic, so it's quite possible that few Infiniti buyers are far above the 6 foot mark, maybe a few inches more at most.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Did you manage to take interior pictures too?

Not yet but hope to next Friday 23rf Oct at the public showing at the Trafford Centre shopping mall.

The white Q30 I sat in had the dark grey leather seats & interior. Most of the interior option pictures have already been posted on these Q30 threads over the last few weeks and can also be viewed on numerous www.youtube.com videos via the search box.

I also did not make it clear that the white Q30 I viewed was a non-standard mixed specification one-off car put together for salesmen and mechanic's product-knowledge training and incorporated various options not yet detailed in any sales brochures / accessory listings including the ALLOY wheels in my photographs.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So we could be seeing a lot more options once the infiniti Q30 is open for ordering?
Did the seats have purple stitching? If it did it could have been the Graphite leather seats but if it didn't then that would mean there are more trims coming.

Maybe we'll have to wait a bit after the initial launch of the Q30 to see these options on the build page.

·
Registered
766 Posts
It should go live right after the launch or at the time of launch since that's when it will be most relevant with all those folks looking for the information.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So we could be seeing a lot more options once the infiniti Q30 is open for ordering?
Did the seats have purple stitching? If it did it could have been the Graphite leather seats but if it didn't then that would mean there are more trims coming.

Maybe we'll have to wait a bit after the initial launch of the Q30 to see these options on the build page.
No, did not have purple stitching. Glossy brochure probably to be published
end of Oct or early Nov.. I will keep monitoring the www.Infiniti.co.uk website.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Took a look at the UK price list PDF and found the warranty bit:
Every Infiniti leaves our factory with a guarantee of quality: 3 years/60,000 miles full coverage, 12 years perforation by corrosion,
3 years paint defects.
Hope this is going to be an international perk because the winter salt makes me worries about corrosion in the underside of the car. 12 years should be more than enough coverage.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Salt from winter won't be an issue if you take the right measures like washing your vehicle down often enough, among many other things.

The big issue is people who are lazy or cheap or a combination of both that don't take the small effort of paying $5-10 to run through a automated car wash.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Q30 at the Trafford Centre Manchester UK

Thanks for posting up your review and pictures!
Since you got to sit in it, was it comfortable? Were you easily able to fit inside without bumping your head? your heads looks like it's going to touch the roof in the first picture.

Also, are those special wheels alloy or steel?

Coming soon, report and photos of my viewing this afternoon, 23rd October.

WATCH THIS SPACE !

·
Registered
101 Posts
Q30 uk tour - trafford centre mall, manchester

Not yet but hope to next Friday 23rf Oct at the public showing at the Trafford Centre shopping mall.

The white Q30 I sat in had the dark grey leather seats & interior. Most of the interior option pictures have already been posted on these Q30 threads over the last few weeks and can also be viewed on numerous www.youtube.com videos via the search box.

I also did not make it clear that the white Q30 I viewed was a non-standard mixed specification one-off car put together for salesmen and mechanic's product-knowledge training and incorporated various options not yet detailed in any sales brochures / accessory listings including the ALLOY wheels in my photographs.

To simplify this posting, answers to previous questions on the various threads such as Q30 'interior' and Q30 'configurator' etc are covered in this posting.

Yesterday 23rd October, I visited my local shopping mall, the Trafford Centre, Manchester, to attend Infiniti's Q30 promotion. They had a white mixed spec pre-production and a black 'S' spec car on display viz:

Moonlight White 1.6T Petrol Manual 6 FWD with a variety of 'extras' over and above the official 'SE' spec car currently detailed on Infiniti's web site. The extras included an extended glass windscreen/roof, 18" ALLOY wheels & Bose I.C.E. with large sub-woofer under the trunk floor where a spare-wheel would normally fit. Puncture repair kit supplied as standard.

Black Obsidian 2.2D Diesel DCT 7 AWD 'S' (Sport spec not yet listed in brochure) with Graphite Leatherette / Alcantara seat facings with Purple stitching. Front & rear bumper/(USA fenders?) design differs from the 'SE'.

General:

My wife & I have both fallen in love with the Q30. It is a luxurious and stylish car especially the trendy LED curvy strip day-time front and rear tail-lights.

The seats are height, seat incline, back incline, forward & reverse adjustable. I am 5' 7" and with the seat in it's lowest position there was 5" clearance above my head. A 6 footer may struggle!.

An unusual feature is that the head light / tail light switch is a rotary knob on the lower side of the dashboard rather than on a steering column stalk. However the windscreen wiper stalk is also the left/right turn direction indicator.

The usual hand-brake lever has been replace by dashboard mounted lever so I am worried about getting used to this so the 'test-drive' will be important. I will be having a demonstrator car for 48 hours hopefully at the end of November when the 'final' UK-specification cars start to roll off the production line.

Regarding the 'SE' spec 'steel' wheels, rumours are that ALLOY wheels will now be available following many complaints by potential customers.

I hope I have answered some of you questions so in the meantime keep your eyes on the UK Infiniti web site for updated brochure details etc.

NOW....see my photos (2 POSTINGS):-

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Electronic parking brake

RE: MY POST No 34 ...... "The usual hand-brake lever has been replace by dashboard mounted lever so I am worried about getting used to this so the 'test-drive' will be important."

I have now studied information on ELECTRONIC PARKING BRAKES. I have never had one in my current or previous cars. Has anyone on this forum got a car with one?. Is it easy to make the transition from 50 years of physically applying a lever-operated handbrake with my left hand to pushing/pulling a little button/lever especially if I have to use my right hand? :eek:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks for the in depth and informative post. I can see myself making a few mistakes with the windscreen wiper and left/right turn direction indicator stalk. Many a window fluid will be wasted for a while.

Not sure about the parking brakes but I assume you'll get used to it after reaching for a brake that's not there a few times.

·
Registered
766 Posts
RE: MY POST No 34 ...... "The usual hand-brake lever has been replace by dashboard mounted lever so I am worried about getting used to this so the 'test-drive' will be important."

I have now studied information on ELECTRONIC PARKING BRAKES. I have never had one in my current or previous cars. Has anyone on this forum got a car with one?. Is it easy to make the transition from 50 years of physically applying a lever-operated handbrake with my left hand to pushing/pulling a little button/lever especially if I have to use my right hand? :eek:
You'll have to make it easy, that's for sure :D

Will take some time for it to become natural, as with many things that change.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Pdated configurator due soon

I have just viewed infiniti UK's web site and viewed a new updated price list which includes an increase range of specifications such as 'SPORT ' & 'PREMIUM' models.

https://www.infiniti-cdn.net/content/dam/Infiniti/Pricelist/UK/Q30_MY16_01112015_UK_01112015_v2.pdf

The starting price of the 'base' 1.6T Petrol Manual SE has increased by £770 from £19,780 to £20,550 or £21,220 with metallic paint.

As the 'CONFIGURATOR' is not yet updated I can only assume that the price increase will be for ALLOY wheels as standard instead of steel wheels originally specified. ( I and most UK potential customers had complained that ALLOYS had not been specified as standard on what is considered a 'premium /up-market' car. )

I will monitor the web site over the next few days and report back.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts