Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
The building of the concept looks to be done almost completely by hand. It is pretty divorced from the whole assembly line thing. I guess that makes sense sine most of the factories aren't even set-up to make a Q30 yet, and they will be making the production version, not the concept.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The building of the concept looks to be done almost completely by hand. It is pretty divorced from the whole assembly line thing. I guess that makes sense sine most of the factories aren't even set-up to make a Q30 yet, and they will be making the production version, not the concept.
well most concepts dont even function or they half function. They include zero safety features or emission killers, a good chunck of time they're simply rolling chassis.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well most concepts dont even function or they half function. They include zero safety features or emission killers, a good chunck of time they're simply rolling chassis.
That and not many of them are actually legal for main roads.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It seems like an entirely different process making a concept car compared to a production vehicle. The concept is a one off and a production car must be able to be mass produced. I wonder if car designers prefer working on concept vehicles. There must be a lot more room for creative expression.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Do they even put engines in all of them or are they sometimes more about the design and the interior than the actual driving performance?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
engines do go into them, rarely you'll get to see the engine.
might be safe to say the ones where you dont get to see an engine likely doesn't have anything they're proud of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts