Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti is really aiming hard at the younger artistic crowd. I think the Q30 is already out in Hong Kong since they've come out with an ad of sorts that takes place there starring Kevin Poon. No idea who that is but maybe the market they're aiming at would.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I don't really understand Infiniti's marketing concept for the Q30. Think they're trying to appeal to the younger generation but I assume people around that age group doesn't have the funds to get a Q30 or QX30 unless they have their own company like Kevin Poon.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well there is a growing amount of people like him, there's a growing amount of young professionals and those that find opportunity in the current state of how easy it is to connect to consumers. So when you look at it like that, it's one of many angles they can target. But at the same time there's growing poverty.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not just the young professionals, just the younger generation in general. It would make more sense for them to also aim for the already established market since they are the ones with the money.

·
Registered
766 Posts
It's not just the young professionals, just the younger generation in general. It would make more sense for them to also aim for the already established market since they are the ones with the money.
That is true. The Mercedes CLA is a good example, a model i've been seeing a lot of people in. But you do have to factor in that there's less younger people driving these days, more being mindful of how they spend, the list goes on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That is true. The Mercedes CLA is a good example, a model i've been seeing a lot of people in. But you do have to factor in that there's less younger people driving these days, more being mindful of how they spend, the list goes on.
If my fund is limited I would rather go for a small Ford.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ This. Infiniti QX30 isn't really for the economically conscious.
If I was on a limited budget, I'd go with Toyota or Honda. Their cars are a bit vanilla but affordable.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I agree. ^ If you're worried about funding, you wouldn't be in the market for one of these, a CLA, etc.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Those are good options but there are going to be people that want to stick with something luxurious that still gets good fuel economy.

Anyone willing to wait might like the Q40, just don't know when that's due. Last I heard 2017 was the model year.

·
Registered
380 Posts
But the Q40 is not an SUV but a sedan, that's in another segment. The Q30 already has great fuel economy, depending on the trim you could get a combined range between 42.2 mpg and 68.9 mpg.

·
Registered
176 Posts
But the Q40 is not an SUV but a sedan, that's in another segment. The Q30 already has great fuel economy, depending on the trim you could get a combined range between 42.2 mpg and 68.9 mpg.
I am having over 50 mpg during the normal day drive at the moment. For 2.2d AWD it is pretty good. I used to have a Range Rover Evoque. The 2.2d engine with AWD system gave me average 34 mpg.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I feel like Infiniti is really aiming at the wrong crowd with these commercials. Let's face it, most people who are going to buy a Q30 isn't going to be someone young, it's going to be someone with a family or in the higher age group.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Guys in those infiniti commercials are more into the sporty sedans, coupes or hot hatches. I saw the Infiniti Q60 commercial and that was so much better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts