Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It turns out that the 2011 Etherea Concept car that was unveiled at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show was probably a preview of the Infiniti Q30 and not just a fun design project. The concept car is said to combine elements of a coupe, sedan, crossover, and hatchback (I'm sure that clears things up for you.) This concept car has a hybrid 2.5L four cylinder engine that gives 245hp.

I am a huge fan of the design of the car. I think that it is forward thinking and almost futuristic. Of course, that is what a concept car is supposed to be. The production model will likely be much more tame in its design.

How do you like this concept car and how do you think it will translate to a production model?

·
Registered
45 Posts
In all honesty, I think the Infiniti Q30 would look best in coupe form. Since there is a lot going on already with the simplicity of just having two doors would help clean up the exterior look.

Not a bad amount of power for the Q30 I wonder how the hybrid motor feel with this chassis.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The extra two doors do make the exterior look a bit busy. I wonder when a production model is going to actually make that really big windshield that turns into the roof of the car. I think that looks cool, but is that too futuristic for mainstream production still?

They can always make a coupe and a sedan though. Then people can have the option.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks for posting these links, tons of info to be found their.

adding to the wealth of info, I heard Infiniti wants to expand on it's IPL line on a mass scale that will include some uncommon cars, one being the Q30 and future QX30.

Q30 IPL will be one unique car.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I wouldn't say they butched the IPL G37. It's not a popular car because its expensive.

Not like the IPL Q30 wont be expensive.

·
Registered
766 Posts
G37 IPL wasn't butchered, it was just a mild performance upgrade, at the time Infiniti wasn't even set up to offer any real performance packages like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc. Next gen models should change that.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The IPL is meant to compete with the M3 or RS4. Which is what everyone wanted.

Its just a performance trim. Kind of a like F Sport of M sport package.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The IPL is meant to compete with the M3 or RS4. Which is what everyone wanted.

Its just a performance trim. Kind of a like F Sport of M sport package.
Not the IPL that we current know and see on the road. Eventually it will be up to the level of BMW's and Audi's performance line, but how long from now? no one knows...

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't really think that'll happen.

If Infiniti wanted to compete with the M3 or RS4 they would just come out with a new model entirely.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I don't really think that'll happen.

If Infiniti wanted to compete with the M3 or RS4 they would just come out with a new model entirely.
This is true, they would. But we never know what they have planned. For all we know they could have built the Q30 and Q50 platform to handle a high performance trim, or maybe not at all, but the possibility stands as they just started with these cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts