Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a video of someone parking with the Q30 parking assist. Looks like it takes a minute or two to get in and another minute to get out of the parallel parking space. Perfect for someone like me who's bullocks at parallel parking.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is there a requirement to how much parking space the park assist needs? I know some people can parallel park into tight spaces but will the park assist be able to do the same or would it need an abundance of space?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My only worry is how it would handle both moving traffic and parallel parking at the same time. In the city there may be a car behind me waiting for me to finish parking, would the sensors detect that and consider it a parked car?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm all for new technology and the advancements. But I'm still quite concerned about this automated vehicle thing. Not entirely trusting of it..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Google recently signed a partnership with Fiat Chrysler to come out with self driving cars so Infiniti won't be getting it before them. You concerns are a long ways away. For now, auto parking and cruise control seems to be working fine and are enough for the average driver.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The auto parking only can be activated under certain circumstance, for example the car has to pass the space slowly.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Most of the time, it's faster for you to just manually park yourself but the self parking feature is great for when there's not a lot of space to maneuver because the system can get closer to the car in front and behind without hitting them, closer than what most people are comfortable with.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can front and back in perfectly fine, just harder for me to parallel park because you usually have less room to maneuver than a conventional parking spot. The assist will be able to judge the distance between me and the other cars more accurately. May be slow but it beats nudging someone's car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I can front and back in perfectly fine, just harder for me to parallel park because you usually have less room to maneuver than a conventional parking spot. The assist will be able to judge the distance between me and the other cars more accurately. May be slow but it beats nudging someone's car.
When it's that up close, I tend to just park somewhere else. Majority of the time someone else isn't capable of leaving/entering properly and doesn't have that technology and ends up bumping your car either way

·
Registered
766 Posts
Not making it standard might be a bad choice for them to make, the more they can make things like this standard, the better it will position them in the segment since it's competing a competitive segment with surrounding segments that can easily scoop up possible buyers.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If it's standard that would be great. I would think because it isn't really such a new feature in the industry anymore, it should be standard. However, if it isn't, there's no way I would spend a dime on it to add as an option

·
Registered
110 Posts
Haven’t tried it yet, forgot all about it, must do something about that when I get some tuit !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts