Infiniti Q30 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, does anyone know the best way to source genuine spark plugs for the Merc M270 1.6t engine?

Just asked a Nissan dealer and they wanted £360 to fit spark plugs quoting 1.5hrs (I do know it's a tad awkward) but I am competent enough to do them myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi, I use the green spark plug company. I ordered a set of four for around forty pounds. As we all know Infinifi / Nissan / Mercedes do not make them. I ordered the correct NGK
Rectangle Font Number Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you CB, as impatient as I may be I ordered the PLugs from West Way Nissan using the cars Reg.

Looking at the plugs that arrived I have been sent NGK SILZKFR8G7S so am now in a blind panic about if they are correct?

Any input/experience welcomed at this stage.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Welly, NGK probably would not know what a Q30 is 🙃. CLA 200 or CLA 250 is more accurate but older model so X156.
I think you might be correct. It is critical on our engines where the spark plug electrode locates in the cylinder head. If you are doing it yourself. Paint spot the old plugs at the 6 o'clock position, so pointing at the radiator cross-member then pull them out and check then paint mark your plugs going in with reference to where the electrode should end up.
Its easier to understand with a picture.
Product Font Screenshot Circle Auto part
Product Font Screenshot Circle Auto part

View attachment 1633

·
Registered
228 Posts
NGK 2021 catalogue says for Mercedes GLA x156 it should be NGK 90654 = SILZKFR8E7S for 2.0t and NGK 95875 for 1.6 so SILZKFR8D7S. I would say as long as the NGK number (95875) is the same and they are physically identical you will be fine.
I would email NGK back just to confirm tho...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's very good info CB, thanks.

I've found that the Plugs must be Torqued to 25NM - have you seen any other conflicting NM's?

I checked again with West Way Nissan Parts Dept. and they confirmed the Plugs they supplied me above are definitely the correct ones (matched with the Chassis Number).

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think NGK say they are 15-18 ft/lb so 19 to 23Nm. Mercedes say 23Nm I think. I am sure 25 would be fine if that what you want. Is pretty close 💬

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imagine, in the future when these cars are 10 years old and Mr_Home Mechanic wangs in some aftermarket plugs not knowing how critical the positioning is :cry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts