Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is Sheng. I have placed the first Q30 order in the UK. Hoping I can get the car soon!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Welcome to the club Sheng, glad to have the first UK owner on board!

Have you owned an infiniti before or is this going to be your first?

·
Registered
101 Posts

Hi Sheng, welcome to the forum :)

As I won't be taking delivery of my Q30 until first week of March 2016, I will be looking forward to reading your posts on this forum.

I am still waiting to have a test-drive in a petrol/manual version courtesy of the Stockport, Cheshire, UK showroom and only then will I confirm my provisional order for the 1.6t petrol, manual 'Premium' model.

Where are you located Sheng, what specification have you ordered and have you had a test-drive yet?. At present, my Infiniti distributer has only 1 demonstrator car being a 2.2Diesel AWD Automatic.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hi. I have 2 Q50s, one is hybrid and the other one is 2.0t. Also I had m30s before. So this Q30 is gonna be my third Infiniti. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Sheng, welcome to the forum :)

As I won't be taking delivery of my Q30 until first week of March 2016, I will be looking forward to reading your posts on this forum.

I am still waiting to have a test-drive in a petrol/manual version courtesy of the Stockport, Cheshire, UK showroom and only then will I confirm my provisional order for the 1.6t petrol, manual 'Premium' model.

Where are you located Sheng, what specification have you ordered and have you had a test-drive yet?. At present, my Infiniti distributer has only 1 demonstrator car being a 2.2Diesel AWD Automatic.
Hi, originally I was expecting to get the car in this month. But my friend who is working for Infiniti told me some of the parts for the car have not been ready yet, and the earliest I could get the car will be Jan 2016.

Personally I prefer the 2.0t petrol AWD. The problem was the car will not be launched until Mar 2016. After few weeks waiting, that means probably need to wait after May 2016. Therefore I go for 2.2 diesel AWD AUTO city black premium edition (there are too many models, better to ask your dealer) with all optional parts and 19 wheels. Mainly the car is for my wife. Driving comfort and fuel economy are more important than others. By the way, city black editions (normal, sport, premium)are much worthy.

I have tried 1.6t petrol and 2.0t petrol AUTO AWD long time ago in Birmingham. They are good cars and definitely worth the price compared to A3 and A class. I have tried them both as well. By the way the ride with Daniel was fantastic ;)

I locate near Birmingham and my friend is working for Birmingham Infiniti. So I placed my order there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discount!

Hi Sheng, assuming you would not be compromising your relationship, were you able to negotiate a discount with your Birmingham friend and if so approximately what %?

A new Italian forum member steccio has been offered 5.85% by his dealer in Rome so I would hope to achieve equal or better.

I live near the Infiniti showroom in Stockport but would consider purchasing from further afield if they decline :(me a discount for cash!.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi John, actually I had a very good deal but I am sorry I cannot tell you here. If you want me help you with the price it is not a problem!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Still no updates happening over at Infiniti or anywhere else. Right now it's very slow for news. Might have to give it another month or two.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm surprised that there would be discounts offered so readily with the Q30 being so new and also pretty popular it seems.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Infiniti probably identified that they need incentives to get people buying these, which makes sense, its a first for the brand and getting the ball rolling and fast is going to really ramp up sales.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still no updates happening over at Infiniti or anywhere else. Right now it's very slow for news. Might have to give it another month or two.
Actually I have some update. The 2.0t will be here after Apr...The Q60 will be on Sep this year...No update about the QX60 in the UK...
By the way, Nissan Renault has bought Lotus F1 team. That means Infiniti has no more relation with Redbull F1.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Infiniti probably identified that they need incentives to get people buying these, which makes sense, its a first for the brand and getting the ball rolling and fast is going to really ramp up sales.
Infiniti EU has been trying to offer too much at the moment. They have made some Q30s, and at the same time they also want customer to build a car which is what they want. They also ignore customer's order. For example, I have placed mine on Oct last year. But I have been told that I have to wait until Apr this year... It is quite a disappointment for me really. To be honest, Q30 should not be launched on Dec last year, and the reason is obvious. The car was not ready, the production line was not ready, even the marketing side as well.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm surprised by all that though. At least with production, I don't believe they aren't ready. i say that because the GLA has been built in the same factory for a while now and it is basically the exact same vehicle.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm surprised by all that though. At least with production, I don't believe they aren't ready. i say that because the GLA has been built in the same factory for a while now and it is basically the exact same vehicle.
Has GLA been built in Sunderland?
Originally Q30 was begun to be delivered from at the end of Dec. However because of the quality issue, it has been delay.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts