Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my Q30 SE Business 1.5d DCT in black just over a week ago, which is on a very good (and cheap) lease deal for 2 years.
Really like the car, very comfortable to drive and is fairly well kitted out with most of the toys due to the business pack. Not as fast as my previous car which was a Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel, and also seems a little bit thirstier on diesel during my daily commute (but not enough to complain about). Really like the automatic gearbox, and although always said I would never have an automatic I'm actually liking it now.
Going to drive from just outside London to Glasgow in a few weeks, so will see how it handles on long drives the motorway.
Had never seen one on the roads until the day I received it, then found another one had parked next to mine in a car park :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. I didn't even know there was a Civic 2.2 diesel, that's pretty darn cool! Really anticipating the update on how it feels on a long drive though :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
So far about 650 miles (about 1046.07 km), trying to get through the first 1000 miles before the journey to Scotland.
I wouldn't mind driving that far for some good Haggis :D

Some good scenery along the way their too, hope you plan on taking pictures of your Q30 while out on those roads.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't mind driving that far for some good Haggis :D

Some good scenery along the way their too, hope you plan on taking pictures of your Q30 while out on those roads.
Well going to be doing a lot of driving when I'm up, so will try and get some pictures of the car in some nice places, though after the journey car will be really dirty as the black just seems to attract dirt like a magnet lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dirty paint just means quality time spent on the road and not sitting on a driveway ;) The dirt always tells a story lol. Did you notice any difference in mpg as you put more miles towards it getting closer to finishing the break in?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aye, originally I was getting about 48 mpg, had a look last nights drive home and this mornings drive to work and its now up about 58 mpg, so definitely an improvement.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Holy moly didn't know a break in period could get you that much better mpg from brand new. That's pretty insane. But there are so many different types of break-in processes that people recommend, soft break-in, hard break-in, etc.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Holy moly didn't know a break in period could get you that much better mpg from brand new. That's pretty insane. But there are so many different types of break-in processes that people recommend, soft break-in, hard break-in, etc.
Probably the best take away from breaking in an engine is that you need to build up enough pressure to set the seals in which is understandable, which is a good reason for higher RPM break in's. We can't baby it all its life.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well just back from my Longish road trip to Scotland, just put 1200 miles on my car. 700 of that was motorway driving and averaged 58mpg, the rest was mostly town and windy country roads and that only dropped the overall trip mpg down to 54mpg.

The 350 mile trip there and back used just over half a tank, really impressed overall.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well just back from my Longish road trip to Scotland, just put 1200 miles on my car. 700 of that was motorway driving and averaged 58mpg, the rest was mostly town and windy country roads and that only dropped the overall trip mpg down to 54mpg.

The 350 mile trip there and back used just over half a tank, really impressed overall.
I hope you are tracking your mileage on a platform like Fuelly, which would be a great way to benchmark what you're getting to us and the other owners out there.

What has your driving style been like so far?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts