Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Even if not an employee some car makers are okay with people stopping by for tours, you just have to schedule it.

Is this going to be your first Infiniti or what?

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I do believe infiniti customers can visit the plant and watch their car being built as it progresses along the line...no doubt they will also be well looked after

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok let's put this to bed for once and all
infiniti didn't and haven't built anything !!!
The site for the plant was chosen in 1983
And handed over to nissan in 1985, the bluebird being the first project.
Since then it's continuously expanded into the biggest car plant in the UK...Nmuk is massive they press the body panels from coil sheet..weld them into body in whites , paint on site , build some of the engines in house casting the blocks then assemble the entire car.
Half a million units per annum, for infiniti they just extended the main lines , put in new facilities as it's a more complex build
hope that explains it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
That would make sense since these days its not all that often that car makers launch new production facilities unless they haven't been around long enough... like Tesla.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That would make sense since these days its not all that often that car makers launch new production facilities unless they haven't been around long enough... like Tesla.
Yes I agree, and I don't know how much it would cost to build a factory 363,000 m2 but it's probably billions..and when you already have it and the highly skilled workforce to match
nissan datsun infiniti it's all the same

1 - 11 of 11 Posts