Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped to fill the car this morning and the flap would not open, I removed the trim panel in the boot in the hope of finding a "release" cable..........no such luck!! I checked the manual for inspiration and found none!!
I contacted the Help Line and was told that the RAC would be along in around an hour.......50 minutes later the RAC guy phoned me to say he was on his way from Edmonton..........a mere 200 miles from my location in East Yorkshire, you couldnt make it up........The Lord knows where he'd been told I was. He said he'd get the RAC to get back in touch with me.........after half an hour I contacted Infiniti and told them I was going home.
Once home I contacted Infiniti, was told that someone would be with me in two or three hours........they then phoned to say that they were very busy as seeing that I was at home someone would come in the morning..........I'm not impressed.
Ive just been doing some research into this to see if i can resolve the issue myself......it seem to be a fairly common issue, in which case why dont Infiniti/Mercedes fit release cable.
Grouse over!!

Regards all

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi John

I also have started with this problem. The filler cap will randomly open when the car is started and then refuses to open ( normally when you need it to). I've contacted Infiniti customer care and await a reply. Given its a common fault on the Merc and infiniti then i would hope there is a fix.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is why I think all cars should come with a physical release for the fuel door, and not just a push mechanism. I know you can buy aftermarket switches for the fuel door, but this shouldn't be happening on a premium model like this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The RAC patrol man came to the house on Sunday, he was gobsmacked that there wasn't a cable release, with a few deft bangs of his hand on the flap it opened, he took the cover off just leaving the black plastic frame exposed and showed me how to open it.
The car was into Infiniti in Leeds today for a recall on the airbags, a service and the flap repairing, all done in the space of four hours and they gave me a very nice Q50 2.2D Sport with 18 miles on the clock as a courtesy car ;-)
Oh, apparently the actuator on the fuel flap locking mechanism had failed

·
Registered
16 Posts
Glad to hear that everything has been fixed and hopefully you shouldn't come across this problem again. Was everything repaired under warranty? At least it looks like something actually broke and its not just a design flaw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also had the same Q50 from Leeds Infiniti whilst mine was repaired under warranty, new actuator fitted and airbag recall done.
Much prefer my Q30 to the Q50 but still a nice car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts