Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Infiniti has finally released the Q30 hatch in production guise just prior to the opening of the Frankfurt Motor Show.

How's this for choice, in Europe at least, Infiniti will offer the Q30 in three trim levels-SE, Sport and Premium- and 5 engine choices, mixed between petrol and diesel.

Starting from the top down, Premium trimmed models will gain visual content over the SE. Notable LED foglights, body-colored and heated door mirrors accentuated by chrome exhuast tips and 18 inch rims.

The Sport model offers a unique front bumper and black tinted front grill to match its dark chrome tips, 19 inch wheels and painted side sills. The Sport also offers a stiffer suspension and will ride ome 15 mm lower then SE and Premium Q30's.

As for motivation, Infinti offers the gamut. A 1.6L gasoline engine offered in 120 or 154 bhp states of tune, a 107 bhp 1.5L diesel and a 2.2L diesel making 168 bhp. Sport and Premium Q30's will be offered with an optional 2.0L 4 cylinder that we've already seen in the Mercedes CLA and GLA.

European shoppers will be offered the choice of a 6 speed manual or a 7 speed dual clutch automatic, unclear if North America will be offered the same choice. Unlikely.

Further price and package information will become available closer to the Q30's January 2016 delivery date.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If its basically the same car as the GLA, I have to say that I like the design of this car better. I think it stands apart from other cars on the road, luxury or otherwise.

·
Registered
23 Posts
John, thanks for posting the link. I thought others would find this one useful too:

Infiniti Q30: Interview with Alfonso Albaisa

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm quite impressed at the interior, the center stack and use of colors was well done, almost helps to create more of a german feel that Japanese, starting to wonder what this will do to GLA sales as this Infiniti is shaping up quite nicely.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Considering most contrast stitching is red or white, it is cool to see some purple. It matches well with the color palette that they have created for the Q30.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I find that stitching across the center arm rest to be odd, sort of randomly done when you look at the rest of the interior stitiching.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I love the purple contrast stitching on what would seem to be the Q30 Sport...

The UK specification 'City Black' SE has purple stitching as standard. The 'Sport' & 'Premium' specs have not yet been published. Q30 specs can be viewed on the Infiniti.co.uk web site. I am expecting to see the car & have a test drive next month. Orders are being taken for delivery from January onwards ........can't wait to see it in the metal.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Looking at the GLA in comparison, I think that infiniti has done a better job with their interior. I like the way the screen is done more in the Infiniti. The shifter looks better than that storage compartment, and I've never been a fan of the vent design that Mercedes has.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Just noticed the stitching in the wheel, which through the pictures you can't see as well due to the angle, going to be nice having that sort of detail right up close.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Was hoping to see the white seat trim in the configurator but it doesn't seem to be an option at all.

Probably because the 'Sports' and 'Premium' specification cars are not available until 2016, the 'SE' & 'City Black' being first off the block!. I will be questioning the local salesman on 23rd October when the Q30 officially goes on view at my Trafford Centre shopping mall. I will up date you Indiana on the 'configurator' thread.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Quite possibly something they'll introduce later if that's not the case currently. Maybe 6 months out from the original launch models?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts