Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Greetings from Italy.
I have been a happy Q30 owner for about 2 weeks now.
Here in Italy the Q30, of the Infiniti in general for that matter, isn't quite popular and the community is still too little to have a dedicated forum, so I decided to register here considering this one is even dedicated to the Q30 specifically.
The car has been fantastic but I must say I already had some little issues that yet have to be checked. I'll let you know about them.
Cheers :D

·
Registered
766 Posts
Welcome to the club.

What were you driving around before buying the Q30? Also what made you get the Q30 since these days there's so many vehicles to choose from.?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the club.

What were you driving around before buying the Q30? Also what made you get the Q30 since these days there's so many vehicles to choose from.?
Hey inifnite, thanks.
I was driving a Peugeot 208, 1.2 Vti. A little city beast :DI was in love with the car. My recent history with cars is a little complicated. After 3 years with my 208 I was about to make a big step forward and I was so close to getting the new A3. I actually did buy it, in the distant 23 November 2016. Long story short the car was supposed to arrive 90days later and I waited more than 150days having absolutely no official communications from Audi. I grow tired and, when I was able to do so, I backed out from the contract and canceled the order.
I was too tired and thinking about buying another new car and wait for it to be produced was too much for me.
I looked for 0KM cars, and luckily for me, the Infiniti dealer for my region was very close to where I live.
I went there and all of a sudden everything was finally clear. Best looking car, very nice discount, just there ready for me to pick it up.
The rest is..well...now :laugh:

Welcome to the forums! What color did you get the Q30 in ??
Thanks, InfiniteClass;
I got it in Silver Grey.

·
Registered
380 Posts
You'd think a brand like Audi would take care of their customers more. Their loss is your gain, because the Q30 is a fun little vehicle that's more than capable of hauling you and all your toys on trips.

What issues are you seeing?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You'd think a brand like Audi would take care of their customers more. Their loss is your gain, because the Q30 is a fun little vehicle that's more than capable of hauling you and all your toys on trips.

What issues are you seeing?
Hey Indy! :laugh:
Exactly, right? I was ready to make a big leap and then I was treated the worst way possible. And with me a lot of other G-tron buyers. As of today all of those who bought the car around the same period as mine still are waiting for the car to be delivered. That's insane. we're talking about 6/7 months of waiting here...
Anyways, fortunately for me I am done with that so up with the good vibes now. :D
I must say I wasn't that much convinced to buy an Infiniti. In Europe, and in particular Italy, aside from the QX70 maybe, the brand hasn't seen that much popularity...to the point that it's not rare to meet with someone saying "Oh wow, that's a nice car....ehm...what is it?"...lol

That being said I have literally nothing bad to say about this car. It's extremely good looking, it drives phenomenally and well..it's just fantastic, that's all.

Issues i am having are more of little troubles, nothing too serious.

1)After driving for a little while i get this strange click from under the accelerator pedal...obivously there's no wire under the pedal so it's not like it is the accelerator, but something is clicking and I feel this sound under it.

2)I am fairly certain that the when the car is in "traction" being in D and you stop at a traffic light or such, you hit the break and stay that way...the vibration is way to high...I have tried a number of other automatic gearshifts car and nothing is that noisy, even much lower budget cars.

3)The retrocamera sometimes dies on me when I put reverse. I have to turn off the engine and restart it to make it work again

4)A strange sound is coming from the back when I go on not so flat roads...which is common in here Italy lol. But I already know that this might be...hear hear...the stupid licence plate holder...whaaat. A mechanic told me that the Infiniti has 2 anchor points to hold it instead of 4 which cause it to vibrate on certain condition and hit the "surrounding" elements.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You could always try some sound dampening material like dynamat or something to hold that license plate down a bit better perhaps? Other than that, I don't think I have any solutions for the other troubles other than visiting the dealership.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Francesco and welcome to the Forum !
Good choice of car, you won't regret it.
The situation is the same here in France, driving a Q30 makes you feel very exclusive and a bit lonely, also somewhat tired of having to explain what Infiniti is !
You don't say whether your Q30 is petrol or diesel ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could always try some sound dampening material like dynamat or something to hold that license plate down a bit better perhaps? Other than that, I don't think I have any solutions for the other troubles other than visiting the dealership.
Car is getting checked today :D
They gave me a Nissan Qashqai 1.5d which is surprisingly sporty for a engine that "small". But yeah nothing compared to our dear Q30 which i am looking forward to having again in my hands.

The situation is the same here in France, driving a Q30 makes you feel very exclusive and a bit lonely, also somewhat tired of having to explain what Infiniti is !
Thanks Pat!
I bet that is common all around Europe.
Oh yeah i forgot to mention, it's a 2.2 AWD, quite a monster. It was an ex demo car, with just around 50km, so I had access to a great discount and despite it wasn't my main choice of engine I couldn't let it go by.:D

·
Registered
766 Posts
that exclusivity will play out in most places getting the Q30 right now unless you live in a rich area with a lot of high end vehicles.

but in the regular city setting the Q30 sticks out a lot.

seen one today and I could spot it from a mile away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that exclusivity will play out in most places getting the Q30 right now unless you live in a rich area with a lot of high end vehicles.

but in the regular city setting the Q30 sticks out a lot.

seen one today and I could spot it from a mile away.
Aesthetically speaking the car is second to none in my opinion. Speaking about the specific segment of course.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Q30 compared to the GLA, esthetically speaking : to my taste it's no contest, the Q30 wins hands down both from outside and inside (never could stomach that screen stupidly sticking out of the dash).

On other considerations, don’t forget that the Q30 has a higher ground clearance and offers a smoother ride than the GLA, thanks to improvements made by the Nissan engineers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's funny because I did have the chance to choose between GLA and Q30. The GLA was a little more expensive than the Q30, both were just new cars with few KM.

Is not that the GLA is awful or anything, especially the new restyling, but ultimately I do agree with Pat. Q30 is just another league. Feels more "complicated" but in a good way. Seems they put more effort on the "flow" of the body and the car looks phenomenal from whatever angle you see it.

And that's the main issue I see with GLA; you simply can't say the same with it. And that is particularly evident from the back side; There the GLA just can't stand a chance in my opinion:

:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here is what I wrote last July :

“Just took delivery of a Q30 1.6 DCT, a gift to my better half. This car is a work of art, the bodywork is like a sculpture, so much better than its Benz first cousin, the GLA.”

And also (comparing with the Q3 in this instance though) :

“I would say that, all performances being equal, the Q30 is elegance, spirit and class whereas the Q3 is boxy, functional and drab.”

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's really funny though and makes sense of course that if you ask GLA owners, they'll say the exact opposite of what we think over here haha. They often feel like the GLA is superior to the Q30

·
Registered
766 Posts
Don't you guys know... as long as it says Mercedes, its beautiful. The trick is to look at it with a blindfold on. Forget looking at the details.

Now, on a serious note, as the years go on I hope we get more rear end styling cues from the Q60:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Having seen one in person, it looks extremely wide but it's glorious!! Check out the Q60 Black S... excluding the spoiler, it's pretty intense!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts