Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we have the first little preview picture of the Q30 concept car that is set to be unveiled at the 2012 Frankfurt Motor Show next month.

This concept car is expected to become an Audi A3 competing compact hatchback. The production vehicle will also likely compete with the CLA and GLA, as it uses the same front wheel drive platform.

This entry-level model is poised to help Infiniti make up ground in Europe where its full size sedans and crossovers have not been selling well. It is unclear if the Q30 will be sold in the USA or not.

·
Registered
279 Posts
front end definitely borrows lots of inspiration from the new Q50. It could be that this new front end is the new Infiniti design language.

Any photos of the rear?

·
Registered
58 Posts
The front reminds me a lot of the new Q50 (former G sedan). For the most part my guess is that most of the new inifniti's will have the same front end.

No more pictures?

·
Registered
168 Posts
It does surprisingly look like the Mazda concept. And I do agree that the front end will look the same on all the Infiniti vehicles. I don't think that is a bad thing, but it would be nice to see a little diversity. I also think that the pale lavender color of the concept picture is nice. Not too out there that people won't get it, but different enough that it is not black, white, or silver.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if I like the bottom part of the front end of the concept. I wish that it looked less aggressive. And the twitch in the frame on the back window is also strange. Not sure if I like that or not. Probably would get used to it. I think it is pretty obvious that the Q30 will look quite similar to the rest of the Infiniti range of products.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yeah lots of manufacturers are going with more definition on the sides now. I am not surprised how they look similar its just a matter of time till someone else uses the same design too.
the problem is that there are so many designs out there and only so many ways you can go about designing a car that a number of them start looking like eachother. plus some car makers use designers from the competing brand which doesn't help with making their cars 100% different.

·
Registered
279 Posts
isn't that the concept for the mazda 6?

it's a nice looking car but I just can't get over how cheaply made the Mazdas are.

·
Registered
168 Posts
the problem is that there are so many designs out there and only so many ways you can go about designing a car that a number of them start looking like eachother. plus some car makers use designers from the competing brand which doesn't help with making their cars 100% different.
There are very few cars that look completely unique. Most are just a version of the same thing. After all, every vehicle is competing in a segment with other cars that are deemed "the same" as it. Car designers want to look different while still looking recognizable, and like they belong on the road based on current trends.

I just get disappointed that concept car looks don't trickle down to production models more. Concept cars are so forward looking, and then production models are so watered down. People just aren't adventurous enough to want to drive a futuristic car down the street everyday.

·
Registered
766 Posts
even looking at that infiniti concept and the new mazda design there still isn't a connection
a good number of cars in the industry tend to look like eachother

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are some more Q30 Concept photos as we anticipate its unveiling at the Frankfurt Motor Show this week.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Awesome. I wonder how close these photos are to the production.

They kept the roof very panoramic and open like. The grill and front bumper have also changed a bit. And the rear end can finally be seen in detail...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts