Infiniti Q30 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Red Bob, congrats as that's a nice find with the car, what spec? I guess Sport city black maybe? Looking forward to more pictures soon when you have time.🕶
The oil you have chosen will be fine. You need 5.6 to 5.8ltr with a filter change for info so maybe 5ltr with the old oil filter not changed?
The MB oil for the M270 engine you have, World spec says #W-40, Euro spec says #W-30. 🤠
Same car, same engine. Infiniti serviced mine with x-40 and then Nissan used x-30.
Oil is like coffee, we all like ours slightly different, so no worries, is your preference.☕

WRT the tyre / jack / pump issue. Spare wheels and jacks got binned by the manufacturers a while ago now so their economy figures would look better on paper ☹.
I bought an inflator that's sits in the factory boot well and a traditional repair kit without slime / gunk for plugging holes. Again my preference as I dont like the runflats on Devon and Cornwall B roads 😣 and I will go for non RF tyres when replacements are due too like you said also.

Plenty of these type pumps on ebay?
GENUINE CONTINENTAL FORD VOLVO TYRE PUNCTURE REPAIR PUMP COMPRESSOR INFLATOR#

All the best. Cornish 🖐

·
Registered
184 Posts
Really happy with the wheels as well, i think they completley change the look of the car. Just really hard to find sadly
Totally agree, you have a nice combination there. The silver roof rails, mirror caps and wheels all add to the appeal to make a classy two-tone premium look.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oil change is all done, question for you guys though, do you find it hard to read the level on the dipstick?

My one has a brown end and for the life of me i cannot see the level, I have put in 5 litres but do not want to top it off until i can get a proper reading.
Hi Red Bob, well done for checking. Clean the dipstick with paper towel and use a torch and make sure the brown level guage is bone dry. Insert and check on level ground with torch. You possibly need to add more oil. Engine takes around 5.5 to 5.8 litres with filter change matey :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts