Infiniti Q30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but for around 4 weeks I’m getting 2 errors coming up when driving:

“Emergency Brake Inoperative”
“Inoperative see owners manual”

it comes and goes, happened a few times on the motorway where I couldn’t accelerate normal and it only gradually picked up in speed.

Most times after turning off the engine and starting again after 10 mins cleared the problem, other times even this didn’t work. I also at times had the engine management light come up alongside these two warnings.

I’ve tried getting the car diagnosed 3 times at costs, but Sod’s law it wasn’t showing up at those times, so I was advised no fault found, no error codes etc!

Has anyone else had these faults come up, where they’ve actually had the issue solved?

Any advice/guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi, I see you have 2x lights on dash issue with stability and stability turned off.
So copy of owners manual says as follows on page 2-26. Car has disabled BAS, ESP and FEB.
You advise that the fault codes are clear when you have had the car looked at so I guess you have an intermittent sensor issue? Have you a mate with a OBD code reader? I'd borrow it and read the codes whilst they are current. Three drive cycles and they normally clear themselves you see if they are not too serious.
Could be just a loose wire with an ABS sensor? Could be an issue with the front camera system. Is very hard to call without the fault data. If you are a bit practical you could check all wiring to wheel sensors and look for anything obvious, could be as simple a wire has come loose or brake pads low. Start with the visual inspection, the dash lights are a symptom of the fault, not necessarily the cause. Good luck and hope this helps a bit.

Reactions: Roy_C

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I see you have 2x lights on dash issue with stability and stability turned off.
So copy of owners manual says as follows on page 2-26. Car has disabled BAS, ESP and FEB.
You advise that the fault codes are clear when you have had the car looked at so I guess you have an intermittent sensor issue? Have you a mate with a OBD code reader? I'd borrow it and read the codes whilst they are current. Three drive cycles and they normally clear themselves you see if they are not too serious.
Could be just a loose wire with an ABS sensor? Could be an issue with the front camera system. Is very hard to call without the fault data. If you are a bit practical you could check all wiring to wheel sensors and look for anything obvious, could be as simple a wire has come loose or brake pads low. Start with the visual inspection, the dash lights are a symptom of the fault, not necessarily the cause. Good luck and hope this helps a bit. View attachment 1545
Hello Mate, Thanks so much for the advice, it’s a good few things to start off with, got my OBDII in the post today, will get on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys!
I would like to help out the other Infiniti drivers on the problem with:

Because i had the same problem for the last couple of months, and i went crazy trying to figure it out.
So i really suggest that you check your battery, it’s possible if that is happening that your battery is slowly reaching its end, or as in my case is a really bad quality, i was so mad when i found out that the delaer changed the original one with a piece of crap.. anyways i got a new batterry, brand Bosch, and i can’t belive how nicely my car drives now, it’s like I’m sitting in a new car. So i hope this helps you out, good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello guys!
I would like to help out the other Infiniti drivers on the problem with:

Because i had the same problem for the last couple of months, and i went crazy trying to figure it out.
So i really suggest that you check your battery, it’s possible if that is happening that your battery is slowly reaching its end, or as in my case is a really bad quality, i was so mad when i found out that the delaer changed the original one with a piece of crap.. anyways i got a new batterry, brand Bosch, and i can’t belive how nicely my car drives now, it’s like I’m sitting in a new car. So i hope this helps you out, good luck!
Hi, how did you realise it was the battery causing these errors; and have the errors come back up since you replaced the battery? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, how did you realise it was the battery causing these errors; and have the errors come back up since you replaced the battery? Thanks
Hello!
I simply noticed that all the electronics in my car started behaving strangely, like the music tempo was too fast or too slow, my cameras were blinking, my steering wheel wasn’t vibrating when i drove across the line... and not only the electronics, but also my gears did not change properly, I had twitches when pressing the gas pedal, when i was slowing down or braking it lowered the gear on a really low RPM. And mostly it all happend at the beginning of the day when i start driving, and not so much later, and the same story every day.. So i started thinking why it doesn’t happen all the time, why only at the beginning of the day, and than i realized that probably when i start the car in the morning it does not have that much power, but only when i drive it for a while and it self charges it works properly. So i went to the service station and asked them to inspect my battery and found out that it was not the original battey, but the worst possible one inserted just to make the car work good enough, So i bought a new Bosch battery, and for the last 3 weeks, I haven’t had a single problem, and the car drives great, everything works perfect, it’s like im siting in a new car. So im really happy i can drive my car normally again, and share this with all of you. I hope this helps you too!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello!
I simply noticed that all the electronics in my car started behaving strangely, like the music tempo was too fast or too slow, my cameras were blinking, my steering wheel wasn’t vibrating when i drove across the line... and not only the electronics, but also my gears did not change properly, I had twitches when pressing the gas pedal, when i was slowing down or braking it lowered the gear on a really low RPM. And mostly it all happend at the beginning of the day when i start driving, and not so much later, and the same story every day.. So i started thinking why it doesn’t happen all the time, why only at the beginning of the day, and than i realized that probably when i start the car in the morning it does not have that much power, but only when i drive it for a while and it self charges it works properly. So i went to the service station and asked them to inspect my battery and found out that it was not the original battey, but the worst possible one inserted just to make the car work good enough, So i bought a new Bosch battery, and for the last 3 weeks, I haven’t had a single problem, and the car drives great, everything works perfect, it’s like im siting in a new car. So im really happy i can drive my car normally again, and share this with all of you. I hope this helps you too!
Sounds like a good result, I’m not really having the same issues you’ve reported, but I’ll give the battery change a go, no harm in doing, thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you have stop / start change both batteries.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Roy, carefully remove the front passenger footwell carpet at the front by the glove box. You should see a lot of wiring and fuse panel etc plus a small battery that keeps the car alive when the stop/ start is in use. Looks like a motorcycle battery... Cheers 🖐 IMHO both batteries changed out every three years is peice of mind for me.

Not sure how to paste a thread link here, but search Q30S Stop start issue

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Roy, carefully remove the front passenger footwell carpet at the front by the glove box. You should see a lot of wiring and fuse panel etc plus a small battery that keeps the car alive when the stop/ start is in use. Looks like a motorcycle battery... Cheers 🖐 IMHO both batteries changed out every three years is peice of mind for me.

Not sure how to paste a thread link here, but search Q30S Stop start issue
Hello Buddy, thanks for that, it’s probably the only place I didn’t check when looking for a second battery! Even Nissan didn’t tell me this when they advised of battery changes etc!
I’m not getting any issues relating to battery faults, but I’ll consider changing both, as my car will be 5 years old in June!!
Thanks 👍

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have stop / start change both batteries.
Hello, is it easy to change the stop start battery in the passenger foot well or does this have to be done by a garage ? Also, are there any risks with changing the batteries myself ? ie will the cars electronics and settings all be reset to default settings ?
One more thing please, do you know the Infiniti recommended batteries to be used ?

much appreciated .
Heath

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Heath. Yes do it yourself.
First step prep... Infiniti / Mercedes do not make batteries so buy same type from good manufacturer like exide or varta etc. Pull passenger mat back. Take pics of battery and measure its size. Order battery same specification.
Charge battery on trickle charger before install.
Installing - You may loose some settings but nothing exciting just the clock and any thing like electric seat positions, contrast fro screen etc. They may be ok as less than a minute disconnected may be ok.
Leave the car battery connected as the secondary battery is on a relay whilst engine running so charges when engine running - so is isolated from main battery when engine stopped.
Unlock the car, turn off interior light if possible. Disconnect secondary battery, negative first. Install battery and copper grease terminals, wire brush connection terminals so clean etc. Fit positive first, then neg.
Tidy up, make secure etc. Job done. 🖐

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Heath. Yes do it yourself.
First step prep... Infiniti / Mercedes do not make batteries so buy same type from good manufacturer like exide or varta etc. Pull passenger mat back. Take pics of battery and measure its size. Order battery same specification.
Charge battery on trickle charger before install.
Installing - You may loose some settings but nothing exciting just the clock and any thing like electric seat positions, contrast fro screen etc. They may be ok as less than a minute disconnected may be ok.
Leave the car battery connected as the secondary battery is on a relay whilst engine running so charges when engine running - so is isolated from main battery when engine stopped.
Unlock the car, turn off interior light if possible. Disconnect secondary battery, negative first. Install battery and copper grease terminals, wire brush connection terminals so clean etc. Fit positive first, then neg.
Tidy up, make secure etc. Job done. 🖐
Hi,

Thank you very much for such an in-depth detailed explanation, I will do everything you have suggested 👍🏼.
Reading all the posts regarding electrical faults I’m pretty convinced that it is the batteries because I’ve been getting one or two other weird things happening like the music through blue tooth speeding up at the wrong tempo and the adaptive headlights in operative warning message ,i’ve read these on a different post regarding a similar fault.

thanks once again 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Heath

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes agree. Any battery is pretty much half dead / clapped out after three years.
They just loose capacity and cannot supply enough juice. It wont be too expensive.
I just googled mercedes backup battery and this came up...
It maybe the correct battery? Just double check against your current one... 🖐
Screenshot_20210327-160610_Samsung Internet.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes agree. Any battery is pretty much half dead / clapped out after three years.
They just loose capacity and cannot supply enough juice. It wont be too expensive.
I just googled mercedes backup battery and this came up...
It maybe the correct battery? Just double check against your current one... 🖐 View attachment 1576 View attachment 1576
Thank you once again Cornish 👍🏼
you’ve gone above and beyond with your help.
I’ll let you know the outcome once I’ve swapped both batteries for new.

regards
Heath

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but for around 4 weeks I’m getting 2 errors coming up when driving:

it comes and goes, happened a few times on the motorway where I couldn’t accelerate normal and it only gradually picked up in speed.

Most times after turning off the engine and starting again after 10 mins cleared the problem, other times even this didn’t work. I also at times had the engine management light come up alongside these two warnings.

I’ve tried getting the car diagnosed 3 times at costs, but Sod’s law it wasn’t showing up at those times, so I was advised no fault found, no error codes etc!

Has anyone else had these faults come up, where they’ve actually had the issue solved?

Any advice/guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks

View attachment 1543 View attachment 1544
Hello did you ever find our why your car is doing this because I am having the same problem It is crazy to drive like that please let me know how to fix it thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello did you ever find our why your car is doing this because I am having the same problem It is crazy to drive like that please let me know how to fix it thanks
Hello
Yes, I had to get Nissan to sort it in the end, they replaced the throttle pedal and sensors; and also repaired the wiring that goes from throttle pedal to the ECM/ECU, along with some connectors which were faulty, in my case it worked and so far so good, but I’m still monitoring.
Mine was done under warranty, if you don’t have warranty then it’s a very costly job, however if you know what needs to be done, saving you the main dealer diagnostics, then even a good private mechanic can do all the above.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
Yes, I had to get Nissan to sort it in the end, they replaced the throttle pedal and sensors; and also repaired the wiring that goes from throttle pedal to the ECM/ECU, along with some connectors which were faulty, in my case it worked and so far so good, but I’m still monitoring.
Mine was done under warranty, if you don’t have warranty then it’s a very costly job, however if you know what needs to be done, saving you the main dealer diagnostics, then even a good private mechanic can do all the above.

Hope this helps
Hello everybody
i'm massimo from Rome Italy and i have the same problem with q30s- may i know more detail about this fault? part number changed (specially the cable from ecu to accellerator? best regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there everyone, so happy to find this forum, i live in Brisbane Australia and 2 years ago bought a 2016 INFINITI Q30 SPORT 2.2d 4D Hatchback, FWD, i didn't realise Australia does not have a clue about these cars, they're imported from the UK and we also drive on the left side i guess it was easy to import them here. on the 1st week of buying this car i had a Warning message on the screen saying my tyre pressure dropped, went to the local gas station checked all tyres and nothing wrong. that lead me to believe Infiniti uses cheap TPMS(tyre pressure monitoring system) part Not manufactured in China but Made in China by some Chinese manufacture. we all know what Cheap parts cause to any cars especially when we're talking electrics/circuit boards. every time i took my car for a service all they've done is reset the settings in the menu which i could have done myself and a week later that message shows up on the screen again. same goes for the Break pad warning sensors. Infiniti made sure they use the cheapest parts possible when it comes to electrics just to be able to compete on cheap Luxury car prices. the issue i have here in Australia is that Queensland Closed their Infiniti office and there's no way to get any parts here unless i jump on the net and buy it from the UK. yeah, good luck with that, a 100 gram brake pad sensor shipped to Australia 107 pounds? when the product is 5 pounds? are your car experts in the UK on drugs? or just hate Aussies? or maybe the usual FAKE sites :)
i'm also after a spare key and i called the UK spoke to Infiniti service and was told to speak to someone in Australia even though i've told her that we do NOT have any access to Infiniti parts here.
she pretty much didn't give a fcuk . and i thought Infiniti Australia was the problem.
Does anyone here know how i can get a brake pad warning sensor and a spare key as i really like the car and don't want to sell it cause it's impossible to get parts and support with the manufacture issues?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts