Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but for around 4 weeks I’m getting 2 errors coming up when driving:

“Emergency Brake Inoperative”
“Inoperative see owners manual”

it comes and goes, happened a few times on the motorway where I couldn’t accelerate normal and it only gradually picked up in speed.

Most times after turning off the engine and starting again after 10 mins cleared the problem, other times even this didn’t work. I also at times had the engine management light come up alongside these two warnings.

I’ve tried getting the car diagnosed 3 times at costs, but Sod’s law it wasn’t showing up at those times, so I was advised no fault found, no error codes etc!

Has anyone else had these faults come up, where they’ve actually had the issue solved?

Any advice/guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi, I see you have 2x lights on dash issue with stability and stability turned off.
So copy of owners manual says as follows on page 2-26. Car has disabled BAS, ESP and FEB.
You advise that the fault codes are clear when you have had the car looked at so I guess you have an intermittent sensor issue? Have you a mate with a OBD code reader? I'd borrow it and read the codes whilst they are current. Three drive cycles and they normally clear themselves you see if they are not too serious.
Could be just a loose wire with an ABS sensor? Could be an issue with the front camera system. Is very hard to call without the fault data. If you are a bit practical you could check all wiring to wheel sensors and look for anything obvious, could be as simple a wire has come loose or brake pads low. Start with the visual inspection, the dash lights are a symptom of the fault, not necessarily the cause. Good luck and hope this helps a bit.

Reactions: Roy_C

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I see you have 2x lights on dash issue with stability and stability turned off.
So copy of owners manual says as follows on page 2-26. Car has disabled BAS, ESP and FEB.
You advise that the fault codes are clear when you have had the car looked at so I guess you have an intermittent sensor issue? Have you a mate with a OBD code reader? I'd borrow it and read the codes whilst they are current. Three drive cycles and they normally clear themselves you see if they are not too serious.
Could be just a loose wire with an ABS sensor? Could be an issue with the front camera system. Is very hard to call without the fault data. If you are a bit practical you could check all wiring to wheel sensors and look for anything obvious, could be as simple a wire has come loose or brake pads low. Start with the visual inspection, the dash lights are a symptom of the fault, not necessarily the cause. Good luck and hope this helps a bit. View attachment 1545
Hello Mate, Thanks so much for the advice, it’s a good few things to start off with, got my OBDII in the post today, will get on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys!
I would like to help out the other Infiniti drivers on the problem with:

Because i had the same problem for the last couple of months, and i went crazy trying to figure it out.
So i really suggest that you check your battery, it’s possible if that is happening that your battery is slowly reaching its end, or as in my case is a really bad quality, i was so mad when i found out that the delaer changed the original one with a piece of crap.. anyways i got a new batterry, brand Bosch, and i can’t belive how nicely my car drives now, it’s like I’m sitting in a new car. So i hope this helps you out, good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello guys!
I would like to help out the other Infiniti drivers on the problem with:

Because i had the same problem for the last couple of months, and i went crazy trying to figure it out.
So i really suggest that you check your battery, it’s possible if that is happening that your battery is slowly reaching its end, or as in my case is a really bad quality, i was so mad when i found out that the delaer changed the original one with a piece of crap.. anyways i got a new batterry, brand Bosch, and i can’t belive how nicely my car drives now, it’s like I’m sitting in a new car. So i hope this helps you out, good luck!
Hi, how did you realise it was the battery causing these errors; and have the errors come back up since you replaced the battery? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, how did you realise it was the battery causing these errors; and have the errors come back up since you replaced the battery? Thanks
Hello!
I simply noticed that all the electronics in my car started behaving strangely, like the music tempo was too fast or too slow, my cameras were blinking, my steering wheel wasn’t vibrating when i drove across the line... and not only the electronics, but also my gears did not change properly, I had twitches when pressing the gas pedal, when i was slowing down or braking it lowered the gear on a really low RPM. And mostly it all happend at the beginning of the day when i start driving, and not so much later, and the same story every day.. So i started thinking why it doesn’t happen all the time, why only at the beginning of the day, and than i realized that probably when i start the car in the morning it does not have that much power, but only when i drive it for a while and it self charges it works properly. So i went to the service station and asked them to inspect my battery and found out that it was not the original battey, but the worst possible one inserted just to make the car work good enough, So i bought a new Bosch battery, and for the last 3 weeks, I haven’t had a single problem, and the car drives great, everything works perfect, it’s like im siting in a new car. So im really happy i can drive my car normally again, and share this with all of you. I hope this helps you too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello!
I simply noticed that all the electronics in my car started behaving strangely, like the music tempo was too fast or too slow, my cameras were blinking, my steering wheel wasn’t vibrating when i drove across the line... and not only the electronics, but also my gears did not change properly, I had twitches when pressing the gas pedal, when i was slowing down or braking it lowered the gear on a really low RPM. And mostly it all happend at the beginning of the day when i start driving, and not so much later, and the same story every day.. So i started thinking why it doesn’t happen all the time, why only at the beginning of the day, and than i realized that probably when i start the car in the morning it does not have that much power, but only when i drive it for a while and it self charges it works properly. So i went to the service station and asked them to inspect my battery and found out that it was not the original battey, but the worst possible one inserted just to make the car work good enough, So i bought a new Bosch battery, and for the last 3 weeks, I haven’t had a single problem, and the car drives great, everything works perfect, it’s like im siting in a new car. So im really happy i can drive my car normally again, and share this with all of you. I hope this helps you too!
Sounds like a good result, I’m not really having the same issues you’ve reported, but I’ll give the battery change a go, no harm in doing, thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you have stop / start change both batteries.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Roy, carefully remove the front passenger footwell carpet at the front by the glove box. You should see a lot of wiring and fuse panel etc plus a small battery that keeps the car alive when the stop/ start is in use. Looks like a motorcycle battery... Cheers 🖐 IMHO both batteries changed out every three years is peice of mind for me.

Not sure how to paste a thread link here, but search Q30S Stop start issue

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Roy, carefully remove the front passenger footwell carpet at the front by the glove box. You should see a lot of wiring and fuse panel etc plus a small battery that keeps the car alive when the stop/ start is in use. Looks like a motorcycle battery... Cheers 🖐 IMHO both batteries changed out every three years is peice of mind for me.

Not sure how to paste a thread link here, but search Q30S Stop start issue
Hello Buddy, thanks for that, it’s probably the only place I didn’t check when looking for a second battery! Even Nissan didn’t tell me this when they advised of battery changes etc!
I’m not getting any issues relating to battery faults, but I’ll consider changing both, as my car will be 5 years old in June!!
Thanks 👍

1 - 11 of 11 Posts