Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after seeing the Eau Rouge Q50 and knowing Infiniti's mission to create more performance models, do you think Infiniti should sell a performance model of the Q30?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think that they should. It would be like the CLA AMG. There would definitely be a market for it. Add a sporty body kit, nicer brakes, stiffer suspension, and a few more extras. I'm sure it would be a good seller. I certainly would consider a Eau Rouge Q30.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read more into the CLA 45 AMG and a lot of reviewers are saying it's not a real AMG.
Hopefully Infiniti does better and no matter how low of a segment they go into it will still be true to the kind of performance they can offer .

·
Registered
55 Posts
any idea if Nissan might be using this platform for a vehicle of their own one day?
there's definitely a segment along that platform they can fill

·
Registered
124 Posts
What is it about the CLA 45 AMG that makes it not a true AMG car? I'm sure that it has better performance than its non-AMG counterpart.

It shard to say if Infiniti will make a performance version of the Q30. I am leaning no. At least not soon. They would sooner roll out performance models for other cars before the Q30.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Its FWD bias. End of story.

It only sends power to the rear when it feels like it does

Plus its a high powered 4 cylinder with a turbo compared to the usual V8 V10 V12 V8/10 twin turbo maniac AMGs.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its FWD bias. End of story.

It only sends power to the rear when it feels like it does

Plus its a high powered 4 cylinder with a turbo compared to the usual V8 V10 V12 V8/10 twin turbo maniac AMGs.
Best way to put it, that first line sums it up.
This is why I'd rather get a lower trim C-Class or even a lower trim 3 series. Even the 320i is amazing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think that people have a bias against 4 cylinder engines but 4-cylinder turbos are being used more often and its not necessarily true that they balk at performance.

I do see what you mean about it not being traditional AMG though.

I think Infiniti has a lot of other things that it would do before an IPL Q30 though.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that people have a bias against 4 cylinder engines but 4-cylinder turbos are being used more often and its not necessarily true that they balk at performance.

I do see what you mean about it not being traditional AMG though.

I think Infiniti has a lot of other things that it would do before an IPL Q30 though.
i think it's just that most don't understand what the new 4 cylinder engines can do. put them behind the wheel of one and they'll think it's the 6 cylinder engine they preferred

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A 4 cylinder turbo wont be as smooth as a V6. But it can make just as much power.
it wont be as smooth as a 6 but a lot of the newer four cylinder engines have more torque than they have in the past which helps with getting off the line. still better than a 6 cylinder if you just want power and MPG's and don't care for anything else.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i think a turbo 4 cylinder can have just a bad mileage if not more depending on how you drive

Sometimes a V8 will have better mileage than a turbo 4 (say high speed highway)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think a turbo 4 cylinder can have just a bad mileage if not more depending on how you drive

Sometimes a V8 will have better mileage than a turbo 4 (say high speed highway)
Yup, floor the heck out of it and it will drink gas. V8's on the highway are amazing, keeping up with the flow of traffic and even go faster and still stay around 2k RPM, meanwhile that's the norm for 4 cylinders in the city.

·
Registered
279 Posts
when you get to higher speeds a more powerful engine will yield better better mileage

much harder for the small engine to maintain 100mph than say the V8.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
when you get to higher speeds a more powerful engine will yield better better mileage

much harder for the small engine to maintain 100mph than say the V8.
Yup.
Only problem with a big V engine is getting to those higher speeds without wanting to floor it or gas it more than you need to :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
actually sorry. a 4 cylinder would be smoother than a V6.

but the torque band may not be as smooth.

and high output 4 cylinders are usually not that great on gas in my opinion.

just as bad as a v6

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
actually sorry. a 4 cylinder would be smoother than a V6.

but the torque band may not be as smooth.

and high output 4 cylinders are usually not that great on gas in my opinion.

just as bad as a v6
in that case, small 4 cylinder with turbo's is the best way to go about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts