Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As cool as this is, Infiniti should have created something that allows people to sit inside a virtual Q30 instead of just drawing one.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think that would be way too excessive and unnecessary. Firstly would be the cost which is pretty much just dedicated to even more marketing. Secondly.. just go to a dealership or something and actually sit in it. The 360 views are good enough in my opinion

·
Registered
189 Posts
It would be an interesting way for people to sit in a car before a dealership gets a certain model but yea, just not worth the money in the end. Maybe way in the future when VR is more prevalent in people's homes and more affordable.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yea that's pretty much it. When it becomes more of a common thing it'll be much easier for them to expand on that and get a good enough amount of people involved in it. For now with something like that you'll appeal to all of like... 20 people ?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Virtual experience is a good thing for generating leads and getting serious buyers into a dealership. Have these in pop-up stores, at events, etc. builds up the hype and awareness. And everyone loves gadgets so even the whole techy part alone will appeal to some out there.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure Infiniti can afford a few headsets for events and for pop up shops and it's a fun way for potential buyers to experience the car. Sometimes new models are fenced off from the public so all the see is the exterior, would be great of there was a way for them to see the inside too without damaging the display model.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Admittedly, I have a VR set and the possibilities of the system is endless. Infiniti could do so much with it but then again, I don't know the logistics and the financial cost something like that would be.

Still an interesting idea that auto makers can think about.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Admittedly, I have a VR set and the possibilities of the system is endless. Infiniti could do so much with it but then again, I don't know the logistics and the financial cost something like that would be.

Still an interesting idea that auto makers can think about.
True. And its easy to just move a vehicle around. If they advertise at a mall there's just nothing like having a vehicle in a mall. However user engagement might trump all and VR could come into that, pulling people in with the shiny object... VR, and leaving them with an experience that will have Infiniti burned in their memory. I'm no marketing expert but that's the way it seems to add up.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Most of the time, new models are fenced off at auto shows and malls so people won't be able to experience it. Also, add in a steering wheel and you have a representation of what driving a car will feel like.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's not really an exotic or something up there like that. I don't see why they would fence it off and keep it as a spectacle like that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
At malls they might be locked but you can get right up to it as you would with any car in the typical parking lot. If it's coming from a dealership that's how they'll have it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
This would be useful if Infiniti ever came out with an exotic that they do not want the public to touch, even at car shows. But for models that are meant to sell in large quantities, it really doesn't have a purpose.

·
Registered
197 Posts
This would be useful if Infiniti ever came out with an exotic that they do not want the public to touch, even at car shows. But for models that are meant to sell in large quantities, it really doesn't have a purpose.
Now that's a great idea that would work out beautifully. For something being produced in such a high number, its unnecessary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts