Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the next-generation Lexus CT looks anything like the below (renderings, NOT confirmed), would it at all interest any of you here?

·
Registered
124 Posts
The shape is nice and I can see a little of the Q30 in it. I like the contours and design of the Q30 is better though. It took risks in all the right places.

·
Registered
13 Posts
the back is awful it's basically the new Prius.

The Q30 remind me mazda and lexus so well, it's a japenese design, the actual CT i don't like it, my favorite lexus is probably the NX

·
Registered
168 Posts
There is just a little something missing from it that would take it to the next level. Any chance it might look better in person? Or maybe in a different color?

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's a rendering so it could be missing a few body lines or the lighting isn't captured perfectly. Just a bit too smooth compared to the q30.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting responses, my only beef is how the rear end of the roof line and rear quarter area is shaped, fix that and this rendering could be much better

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its shape reminds me too much of those old school wagons with wood panels.
That is a bit to the effect I was thinking. It just was poorly executed. Look like with little modification it can be an Infiniti hearse Lol. Sportier rear end and better execution of lines back their need to be done.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I do like the tail lights though. And the front is what you would expect from Lexus. I think that the issue is the transitions from profile to the front and rear. They look clumsy and boring.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The CT needs more of a rear roofline slope instead of that straight line it has.
Yup.

Always thought they should take a page out of Mazda's design and use the coupe like rear they have used on current vehicles. Even Infiniti's Q30 and QX30 are great examples.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm not sure. The Q30 doesn't really have a more sloped roofline. I think it could be the spoiler that would make a difference. Also keep in mind that a sloped roof would affect headspace and storage space.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Lower head space isn't too big of a concern, just have the tallest person sit in the front. I just noticed that the CT looks like it's a bit lower than the Q30. Less ground clearance but not sure how much.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Indeed.

Plus it can't be that bad to slightly slouch or just not be in the most ideal seating position for a short period of time. If its for a long road trip, then different story.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts