Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My phone book is synced to my car & rings the correct number when selected. Unfortunately when people ring or text me their number is displayed rather then the name in my address book. Can anyone help resolve this? I don't recognised people calling me!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
My phone book is synced to my car & rings the correct number when selected. Unfortunately when people ring or text me their number is displayed rather then the name in my address book. Can anyone help resolve this? I don't recognised people calling me!!!

I had been meaning to check this as I noticed my txt messages didnt have the name next to them.. I think it is because the txt message comes through with the country code, whereas the contact list it is without.

need to double check tho.

·
Registered
766 Posts
It might be worth asking the guys at your dealerships service department about it, if this is a common issue they will probably know the fix off the top of their head without even booking you in for service. Give it a shot.

·
Registered
32 Posts
One thing i noticed was that if numbers were using the International format (e.g. +44 1234 567890) I could call them fine, but when they rang it just showed the number and not the contact details, when I changed them to the national format (e.g. 01234 567890) then the contact detail would show up. May not be the case for everyone, but it did work for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
One thing i noticed was that if numbers were using the International format (e.g. +44 1234 567890) I could call them fine, but when they rang it just showed the number and not the contact details, when I changed them to the national format (e.g. 01234 567890) then the contact detail would show up. May not be the case for everyone, but it did work for me.
Where and how did you change the format ? Manually for each number ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's how it's saved on your phone sometimes, worth giving it a shot and test it out with a friend's phone. Otherwise, it sounds likes a system problem and needs an update from infiniti.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where and how did you change the format ? Manually for each number ?
Pretty much had to manually edit the numbers that were in the international format, luckily there weren't that many. Also I edited them on the google contacts web page as it was much easier than doing it on my phone.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Must look into that. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts