Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a chrome wrapped Infiniti Q30 or is it painted with a really high gloss and I'm just not seeing it properly ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That definitely happens. From an up close it looks really nice and then you see the whole thing and your like woah.... I remember seeing a Mustang in my area and it was green chrome and when it was driving in the daytime, oh dear what an annoyance.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Chrome can be great in moderation and it needs to be on certain body styles, the Q30 is not one of them. that's just a lot of blinding surface area.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well for starters that picture isn't exposed properly, something went wrong in the editing process or even in the process of taking it, or since it was posted to instagram someone used a bad filter. So seeing it through this picture we're not getting that great of a representation. Much unlike this G37:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Very blinding. Not a fan whatsoever. That G37 looks horrible too in my opinion of course.

I just feel like it's way too distracting and takes away from the car itself completely. I've seen a few complete show cars that were chrome wrapped and it's just too much.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You can chrome wrap a bugatti veyron and I'll still think it's blinding. It's a personal preference and I'd rather not see a full chrome body.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well fortunately with how popular chrome wraps have become there is some diversification, for example you can get a black chrome wrap which in my opinion will look better on any car, just straight chrome blurs out the cars natural body lines way too much, black chrome improves on that end of it like in this example:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Black chrome on this Aventador looks amazing too. I think you're right, black chrome can aid in elevating a lot of vehicles opposed to the straight chrome that takes away instead.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Black chrome looks so much better than the standard chrome, gives a car definition but that's still dependent on the car itself. champagne chrome would look amazing on the Q30.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay I'm confused... it is fully chrome and just reflecting the art OR the art is part of the wrap or whatever going on there and parts of it are chrome ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
The chrome is just reflecting everything around it depending on the angle you're looking at it from. It's just an eyesore after a while.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wait, upon looking at these properly..

These are definitely not the full chrome Q30s. They are wrapped the design of the artwork on the canvas. There is no reflection on them except for the above lights. Otherwise that blue floor would be showing on it a lot

·
Registered
197 Posts
You're right, these definitely are not reflections of any sort. I don't know how anyone thought that was actually chrome reflecting the surroundings... Look at the surroundings !

·
Registered
766 Posts
Just give it some time for the middle eastern market to get these and eventually we'll see some wrapped in colors we never typically see.

In the UK Yannimize is a popular wrap shop, so be on the look out for those guys as well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I typically watch their videos quite often, but you usually only see when they're doing expensive cars. Unless you check their site or social media or something ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts