Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that the center knob and buttons are a hassle to reach when you're driving because you'll have to move your whole arm back just to access them. A pain in the butt for larger people with long arms. Anyone had a chance to test out the interior spacing when it comes to the buttons?

·
Registered
110 Posts
No problem with access to center console knob and buttons, I’m 5ft 6in and the taller you are, the easier it should be as you would have to crank back your seat.
I would only have one small remark concerning the Camera button, I find myself having to cast a quick glance before accessing it, however this is really no big deal since you use it occasionally and only when parking.

Overall I would rate the Q30’s ergonomics as first class.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess it's really down to how you like your seat positioned. I'm more of a straight back kind of person so my seat isn't leaned back as much. Maybe that'll force me to move my arm back a bit more than usual to reach the knob.

I think the camera button's position is just something to get used to so you don't accidentally press the back button instead. The map voice one may need a bit of feeling around first before pressing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I guess it's really down to how you like your seat positioned. I'm more of a straight back kind of person so my seat isn't leaned back as much. Maybe that'll force me to move my arm back a bit more than usual to reach the knob.

I think the camera button's position is just something to get used to so you don't accidentally press the back button instead. The map voice one may need a bit of feeling around first before pressing.
I'm the same way since it's about the best way to sit, that being more ergonomic than leaning, but some slight lean is good apparently since it helps to shift your weight to the back rest and let go of tension. Basically picking from the various diagrams out there that suggest the ideal way to sit at your computer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sitting straight up or leaning back, it’s the legs that counts and when you’re tall, unless you’re misshapen, you have long legs and therefore you have to crank back your seat. Any which way, I can reassure you, the position of knob and buttons are definitely not an issue on the Q30

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sitting straight or leaning back, it’s the legs that counts and when you’re tall, unless you’re misshapen, you have long legs and therefore you have to crank back your seat. Any which way, if I can reassure you, the position of knob and buttons are definitely not an issue on the Q30

1 - 7 of 7 Posts