Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will anyone be installing a catch can in their Q30? I heard it's beneficial for turbo engines to have one to catch all the gunk.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yea, for turbochargers need catch cans that works to prevent oil blowby. If you don't add one, the oil can coat the couplers and fins inside an intercooler. Just make sure to research them before buying one because there are catch cans out there that doesn't do much of anything.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the aftermarket guys have started working on Q30/QX30 mods yet. I can't seem to find any parts for it, especially not a catch can.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm a firm believer in running a catch can. It's never a bad idea to play safe when it comes to your engine. Reducing any blowby is better than letting it all-by. Hopefully something like the D3PE catch can comes out, love the way they look.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe the Mann ProVent cans will fit as they do come in various sizes. Was hopping there would be a model specific can in case the universal ones do not perfectly fit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm sure someone will be developing one soon. Majority of the time when there's a turbo engine out, someone is developing a vehicle specific application for it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
More mods like the catch can should be be hitting the market once the Q30 goes on sale globally and the aftermarket can get their hands on one.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That's the main thing, once they can get one as a volunteer vehicle, parts will start flying out I think

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That means the first aftermarket catch cans will be coming out of Europe since the Q30 is already on sale there and they can get their hands on one easier.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That means the first aftermarket catch cans will be coming out of Europe since the Q30 is already on sale there and they can get their hands on one easier.
Any European aftermarket brands you know of that may be producing something ?

·
Registered
766 Posts
What you should try to do is contact local aftermarket shops that specialize in Japanese cars and even independent service shops since they might be ordering batches of these, at least that way you avoid paying anything extra in shipping.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yea, Mishimoto does have some nice baffled catch can products. Some with level indicators and stuff too. This one looks nice and simple here. From Mishimoto

·
Registered
766 Posts
Mishimoto is indeed one brand to look out for especially since they might have something already out for the Q50 or some other Infiniti or Nissan where it could be a case minor changes are required to make it work.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I see they have one for the Q50, a simple design that should actually work.

Edit: nevermind, they are universals

·
Registered
380 Posts
Going to be a while before the aftermarket catches up because infiniti doesn't sell as large a volume as other brands like honda, Toyota, etc.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Should work out well for me since I plan on holding off on owning a Q30, always hesitant on owning a completely new vehicle in its first year of production. Anyone planning to take the same approach?.... I think you guys get where i'm going with this, although I still have faith in the brand.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Should work out well for me since I plan on holding off on owning a Q30, always hesitant on owning a completely new vehicle in its first year of production. Anyone planning to take the same approach?.... I think you guys get where i'm going with this, although I still have faith in the brand.
Definitely in the same boat. Had a few bumpy past experiences buying brand new, first out cars so I'm definitely gonna sit back for a year on this one.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Maybe a universal catch can would work but we need to know how much space is available under the bonnet to see if those catch cans will fit. I know the Radium universal can is around 5 inches without fittings but that may not fit in the Q30.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts