Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

When the Q30 shows its face in Frankfurt next month it will be staring straight into the eyes of a younger generation. Infiniti has been posturing for the better part of a year that a new model is coming to service an untapped lower entry segment, namely baristas and their tip money.

Without implicating themselves Infiniti said the Q30 will propose innovative materials to appeal to a new generation of premium customers. Expect glass everywhere and the easter bunny in back.

In the crusade to appeal to modern, young-minded premium shoppers the Q30 Concept needs distinctive style and new levels of product quality. I’m just not sure if they want the young or the young at heart..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has to look good and it has to be practical.

The price is also going to be a factor.
absolutely, if Q30 is priced anywhere north of $30k Infiniti will miss their prime demographic for the Q30. The younger generation Infiniti is trying to tap is not exactly affluent as of yet, many are entry level employees or on thier first promotion, some are single but Infiniti is really aiming the Q30 at young families.

Having a young family is expensive, and so is buying a car. Infiniti needs to be careful to keep the Q30 within range. On boarding with the Q30 is the most surefire way to get these shoppers into Q50s and Q70s later down the line.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Luxury is a feeling, so as long as Infiniti makes the Q30 feel luxurious at a low cost, it will be fine. The target demographic is definitely younger people. Not so sure about the family aspect though. I guess it would be aimed at young couples and couples with their very first child. I think the target age is like 27-36. I think that things are looking good for this model right now though. I am excited to see it revealed soon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thats why we're keeping our eye on the Q30, right now we dont have any kids but eventually we'll need more space and more safety. $35-40k will likely be our ceiling

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a feeling that for this type of segment that the Q30 is in the price range might be starting from $30,000 grand if not slightly more. With whatever options it can get upwards of $35k.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a feeling that for this type of segment that the Q30 is in the price range might be starting from $30,000 grand if not slightly more. With whatever options it can get upwards of $35k.
That is pretty reasonable for a luxury car like this though. If you can get the vehicle for under $40,000 after features and everything, I think that it is a deal. of course, we will have to see how the production model works out as far as value for the dollar.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is pretty reasonable for a luxury car like this though. If you can get the vehicle for under $40,000 after features and everything, I think that it is a deal. of course, we will have to see how the production model works out as far as value for the dollar.
If the price even gets that far it will be thrown out quickly you can get in to the next class for that price. The Q50 offers more room and a different feel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
innovative materials?

recycled?
high tech material?
How do they all fit in to one?

when you pay for something over $30,000 I would imagine everything to be the best materials especially coming from the infiniti brand but recycled materials....?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts