Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Just found this only forum in the internet about the Q30 :D

Hope it will grow up quickly, and we will be many Q30 owners.

About myself, i'm 26, lives in France, and i ordered a Q30 Sport city black with the smallest engine, delivery in 3 months.

Cheers !

·
Registered
766 Posts
Welcome to the club!

With the Q30 being the brands entry-level model we should see a lot of owners on here and Q50 sales hasn't been all that impressive, so who knows, the Q30 could pick up and sustain better traction.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks !

I hope so ! the thing is, Q30 needs to be an hesitation model between germans cars... i saw that in UK a lot of Q30 has been ordered especially 2.2D version.

I'm tracking sales with JATO.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Would love to see some pictures of your Q30 if you get the chance. And how o you like it so far? Is it a fun to drive in? Anything you would change?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as i mentioned i ordered one, i will get it in 3 months... so it's not for now !

However i test drive one, it was a premium tech 1.5 diesel with city black edition package and tech pack, the line up is different from uk but basically it had leather, 18 inch wheels, 360 camera, heated seats, keyless access...

To summarize my test drive :

Pros :

-Great comfort
-MT gearbox is awesome, very sporty and short
-No noise from the diesel engine, very quiet in the cabine
-Great driving position

Cons :

-Suspensions are way too soft, that's why i took the Q30S.
-Weak visibility around you and back window, that's why i needed the 360 camera
-Nav system is not really good

But in overall i was impressed by the car, it drives nicer than a A class, the feeling behind the wheel is great.

I loved it despite some stuff that i mentioned

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks for the test drive review. Pretty to the point.
Did you just test drive it on asphalt? The suspension must be pretty soft to be unable to handle normal road uncomfortably.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, but some people will find the normal suspension not that soft, it depends on how you want your car to handle.

Infiniti did a good job by offering two kind of suspensions setting, but for me, i won't be confident on countryside roads with normal suspension, the car is quite heavy, you can feel it in the corners.

Q30 remind you that you need to cruise with :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was able to sit in the Q30 and the back view was pretty bad. If you don't get the 360 camera you may need to remove the back seat headrests in order to see what's behind you properly.

·
Registered
766 Posts
removing those rear head rests could be a PITA if you have rear seat passengers often enough. Best to get the cameras for ease of use. Rather not have to keep on installing and uninstalling them. Installed for rear passengers is necessary for safety.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least in this version you can remove them, in my case, I ordered the sport version wich do not have removable head rest and you have less visibility than non sport interior

·
Registered
766 Posts
Wow, that was a bad call on their part, this is supposed to be an entry-level vehicle and be one big in selling volume. In future years they might see the need for a change like this to happen. Easy win.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts