Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subaru has long been known to be the quirkiest of the Japanese autos, but I never knew how quirky (read insanely brilliant) until now...

Meet the BRZ wagon, or shooting brake or whatever your term is...

From the Tokyo Floor:

The concept is 4300mm long and weighs just 2756 lbs. Subaru has decided this is to be the future direction of urban SUVs. You know what, I'm OK with that...

Boxer engine, RWD, CVT (Whisky Tango Foxtrot????????)

Gawd I hope Q30 has similar proportions...

·
Registered
766 Posts
The BRZ wagon looks good, seems to be very versatile as well. I just don't think it will be a direct competitor. Has it been green-lighted for production or still just a design exercise?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think that the interior doesn't really match the outside of the car, but the exterior styling looks great. Subaru did a good job of keeping the proportions looking good, which I think is difficult for most car makers.

What do you think will change from this concept when the BRZ wagon makes it to production?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Why did they have to go and put a CVT in it..

The automatic in the BRZ is beautiful.

I am mind blasted how they kept it so light.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The BRZ wagon looks good, seems to be very versatile as well. I just don't think it will be a direct competitor. Has it been green-lighted for production or still just a design exercise?
why dont you see it as a direct competitor? Small hatchback, similar proportions, likely similar price points. No word on being green lit the concept only showed up yesterday...

·
Registered
766 Posts
why dont you see it as a direct competitor? Small hatchback, similar proportions, likely similar price points. No word on being green lit the concept only showed up yesterday...
It's not from a luxury brand, seems to be a "coupe", and doesn't seem to be as versatile as the Q30.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If Subaru brings this to production it will for sure be a competitor to the Q30. They both have similar proportions and I think would target a similar customer.

The headlights on the BRZ looks really cool.

It looks better than the Porsche Panamera IMO. This is a better looking wagon / shooting brake.

·
Registered
766 Posts
If Subaru brings this to production it will for sure be a competitor to the Q30. They both have similar proportions and I think would target a similar customer.

The headlights on the BRZ looks really cool.

It looks better than the Porsche Panamera IMO. This is a better looking wagon / shooting brake.
I guess, at the moment vehicles in this segment are limited. It won't be a direct competitor but close enough

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think this will be a great seller

Should have great handling and be fun to drive yet still very practical.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Subaru likes to go in its own direction with vehicles and it works really well for them, so while this vehicle is unique I am not surprised that Suzuki did something a bit outside the box. I think that the taillights are one of the coolest parts of the vehicle. I could see it selling really well as a production model.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Its probably the lightest car of its class
And if they offer in in 6 speed the only car in its class with a 6 speed :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Other than changes to the interior, what changes do you think there will be to the exterior styling when the BRZ makes it to production? I hope it keeps the design elements that make it look so modern. I hate it when production versions get neutered.

·
Registered
766 Posts
the design will be toned down, it still is a production ready design but still has it's typical concept car features.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love that Subaru has always stayed with wagonish type vehicles even as the rest of the industry is moving away from them. Its such a versatile design...

·
Registered
766 Posts
I think without that look Subaru wouldn't be sticking to it's roots, no matter how far they go im sure they will stick to their roots with some wagons

1 - 20 of 25 Posts