Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2016 Infiniti QX30 was caught with minimal camouflage in Spain while it was being tested and motor.es published a few of these spied shots.

It looks like it's almost ready for production but Infiniti has not provided us with a debut date yet. Maybe we'll see an uncovered production model at the Geneva Motor Show in March next year.

Does it look like the concept model?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Seeing it in these pictures reminds me a lot of the Mercedes GLA, ride height and proportions seem to be just about in line with each other.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Indeed.

The C-pillar helps to show that design difference since in comparison to the GLA, there's no cookie cutter approach to design with both models, just designs unique to each brand.

·
Registered
766 Posts
They're doing it for attention, if it didn't have that camo it wouldn't send the auto publications as crazy about it as they have been. Plus it helps to confirm that it is indeed a vehicle under testing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
They're doing it for attention, if it didn't have that camo it wouldn't send the auto publications as crazy about it as they have been. Plus it helps to confirm that it is indeed a vehicle under testing.
Nope...its on for a very good reason ie the front and rear bumpers are styled differently to the Q
Take notice the side skirts and wheel arch trims have no gloss finish

·
Registered
766 Posts
Actually that's a very good point you make their, one obvious one that I missed and looking back at the photos posted, this one shows what you're talking about really well:

·
Registered
766 Posts
In the future they might include more for all we know. One other thing I think might be different is the tire type, they might include more of an aggressive all season tire meant for more of a mixed used than just your typically all season passenger tire.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well there are noticable differences in the overall body, just that you really have to look, seeing both in person will help this since seeing the proportions in person gives you a real understanding of it more than pictures can.

·
Registered
46 Posts
In the future they might include more for all we know. One other thing I think might be different is the tire type, they might include more of an aggressive all season tire meant for more of a mixed used than just your typically all season passenger tire.
Maybe but for now same rims and normal road tyres

·
Registered
46 Posts
Maybe but for now same rims and normal road tyres
Well with the intention of it acting as a CUV/small crossover, the wheels or just tires should reflect that. Much unlike something intended as luxury/sport hatchback
Yes you'd think so....but wheels and tyres look the same....I'll look into it and compare spec's and let you know if there is a difference ie tyre spec or manufacturer

·
Registered
37 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts