1Likes
  • 1 Post By scoobie doo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Infiniti Apps

I have tried following the information on the website registered to the portal got my car PIN number and downloaded the app from the I store but i cant get facebook and other apps to work

has anyone success fully tried this in the UK or is it back to the dealer
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 02:53 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I have registered mine, but not tried facebook (not interested in having it in the car tbh). I think the only other app is google search or something ? Can't get my email to work though.

Have to say, that I am very underwhelmed with the car/phone/internet connectivity. I had a hire car, a vauxhall astra and it absolutely knocked spots off the Q30 in respected to connectivity. The whole thing needs rethinking and if possible an update applied to at least put apple play and android auto on there. Even my mates Citroen C3 has these things, which he laughingly pointed out when in my car recently.

2.2 SPORT DCT AWD. Intouch, Malbec Black, Bose sound system
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Stinks that Apple CarPlay or Android Auto aren't supported, but it should be available down the road though I'm not sure if the Q30 will get it. As for the app, everyone seems to be having trouble with it and not just you, at least that's what I've gathered from the app reviews.

doesn't look good for Infiniti and they need to push out an update soon, because a lot of people across their models can't connect.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

I work for a Vauxhall Retailer and when a corsa has phone projection for goggle maps and apple car play it makes the infiniti look dated they should have used the Mercedes software
karlak likes this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 08:24 AM

Default Android Auto

My friend has a Golf with no built in Navigation and is not able to utilise the excellent Here Maps navigation he has on his phone because his phone is not fully compatible though he can connect via Android Auto and use the basic Google maps Nav. He regrets not having a built in Nav and especially as the very basic Goggle maps Nav has no Speed camera warnings in particular. Personally I can't see the point of Android Auto if you have to connect your phone via a usb cable to use it, might as well go the whole hog and stick your phone onto the screen and be done with it. I have used Peugeot, Toyota, BMW and VW nav systems recently and the system in the Q30 is a winner in my book for ease of use and actually getting you there by the best route, it doesn't however display in the speedo area as well as the main display like some and I haven't yet found anywhere to get updates from, though I'm sure that will come.

AreaSurveyor
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 11:14 AM

Any good news for Infiniti Intouch or apple carplay??
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guvencbjk View Post
Any good news for Infiniti Intouch or apple carplay??

Nothing new at all as far as I am aware.. Stagnant is the word that springs to mind.

2.2 SPORT DCT AWD. Intouch, Malbec Black, Bose sound system
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I just read an article the other day saying that all future Infiniti vehicles will offer Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay. Don't know if that means if current owners will be receiving any sort of software update for compatibility.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
I just read an article the other day saying that all future Infiniti vehicles will offer Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay. Don't know if that means if current owners will be receiving any sort of software update for compatibility.
Often as along as the hardware has the right specs then it should happen unless Infiniti has some reason not to that benefits them directly, such as giving us more of a reason to buy yet another new Infiniti just to keep up with the times.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:30 AM

Is there any good news for android auto or any update for infiniti intouch?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page