Intouch App issues and updates - Infiniti Q30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Intouch App issues and updates

Does anyone have any problems with the apps on their intouch system.

Is there meant to be a large number of apps to download or is it a very slim selection. Also how do you update the firmware of the system.

Thanks in advance
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 04:08 PM

having the same problem

got the pin number from the dealer to set up the account

and when i plugged my phone in to connect to facebook and google online it says disconnected on my phone

must call in to the dealer to sort out
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 08:41 AM

Hello, I can not see Google Online app on the screen, I think I removed it mistakely. How can I install it again?

Which Google app I have to install on my ipgone to see the applicaiton also on my infotainment (İntocuh) screen?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 04:59 PM

Garage

I read that only a dealer could run updates...

I've just got a q30 and i've had to wait for them to create me a new pin so I could register my car for the service. I have just tonight been able to register the car on the Infiniti InTouch Portal and followed all the instructions but I cant get it to work. I've tried an android phone via bluetooth and an iPhone 6S via cable, neither work. I click to go in to the app garage and there is nothing there. It just shows me a blank black screen. The InTouch app tells me 'This vehicle does not have connected services activated. If you are the owner of this vehicle, please activate your subscription on the infiniti owner portal'.

I go to the owner portal and its all there, ready and activated until January 2020. So i've no idea whats going on. Its amazing how badly designed it all is.

I would suggest that anyone having problems gets in touch with Infiniti via email at [email protected] - A lady called Laura Newell is helping me.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 04:54 PM

Garage

Finally got intouch apps working by unregistering/deactivating the subscription, removing my car from my intouch portal account and then setting up a nee account under a different email address. I re-registered the car and reenabled the subscription and now it seems to all work ok.

At the moment though, I get in to the app garage and all i can see are the standard email and calendar apps. I cant see anything third party or actually useful, like twitter or spotify or waze etc. Alli seem to have are facebookand google search!?

All we really need is an app to mirror an android phone in android auto mode. So we can use the larger touch screen. That would make me happy personally. Surely there must be a way to do this?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I don't know why with the shifts towards app based infotainment systems, that phone screen mirroring hasn't been implemented. Why manufacturers want to build their own systems from the ground up, rather than utilizing what every person already has in their pocket, is an odd design choice. Does our car really need to do what our phone can, in a much more complex and unintuitive way?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 05:47 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
I don't know why with the shifts towards app based infotainment systems, that phone screen mirroring hasn't been implemented. Why manufacturers want to build their own systems from the ground up, rather than utilizing what every person already has in their pocket, is an odd design choice. Does our car really need to do what our phone can, in a much more complex and unintuitive way?
I totally agree! All we need is an update to add android auto mirroring and we are set! That would be perfect imo.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:46 AM

Does anyone know when will any update or a mirror will come?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page