Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

A new Q30 Competitor

12K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  infinite 
#1 ·
Subaru has long been known to be the quirkiest of the Japanese autos, but I never knew how quirky (read insanely brilliant) until now...

Meet the BRZ wagon, or shooting brake or whatever your term is...

From the Tokyo Floor:

The concept is 4300mm long and weighs just 2756 lbs. Subaru has decided this is to be the future direction of urban SUVs. You know what, I'm OK with that...

Boxer engine, RWD, CVT (Whisky Tango Foxtrot????????)

Gawd I hope Q30 has similar proportions...

See less See more
#3 ·
I think that the interior doesn't really match the outside of the car, but the exterior styling looks great. Subaru did a good job of keeping the proportions looking good, which I think is difficult for most car makers.

What do you think will change from this concept when the BRZ wagon makes it to production?

#7 ·
If Subaru brings this to production it will for sure be a competitor to the Q30. They both have similar proportions and I think would target a similar customer.

The headlights on the BRZ looks really cool.

It looks better than the Porsche Panamera IMO. This is a better looking wagon / shooting brake.

#11 ·
Subaru likes to go in its own direction with vehicles and it works really well for them, so while this vehicle is unique I am not surprised that Suzuki did something a bit outside the box. I think that the taillights are one of the coolest parts of the vehicle. I could see it selling really well as a production model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.