Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

RUMOR: Infiniti Q30 IPL

7K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  infinite 
#1 ·
I heard from a very reliable source that Infiniti will be offering the Q30 in an IPL trim. It's said release a year after the Q30's original on-sale date.

#5 ·
At this moment we have to worry about the Q30 being released first. I have heard that infiniti has pulled back on the Q30 giving most of their attention to models like the Q50 and Q60.

Nice to have a performance model for the Q30 but it will be a while till it makes an appearance.

#6 ·
So is the IPL for the Q30 going to be just a trim offered or a separate performance orient model? From what I heard about the IPL in the past it didn't have much of effect for over performance but was a failure for power. I would hate for the same thing to happen for the Q30 IPL as well.

#7 ·
A performance hybrid compact?....

I don't know if this makes any sense and if it does end up happening who would fork out the money to buy it? I really don't see a market for this type of vehicle.

Who in the right mind would buy a performance hybrid?

#8 ·
To be honest it wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean when you look at the types of hybrids out there that offer great mileage but are no fun at all lacking in power and all. This is the blank space to fill and infiniti is the first to do it with electric motors and turbos.

I wouldn't mind having a Q30 IPL as long as it still offers great mileage and a decent price tag.

#9 ·
Oh yes of course, no doubt in my mind I would love to feel some power in this compact but nothing to overpowering for such a small chassis though. I will have to say maybe infiniti might end up adding in another electric motor to generate more torque to give it more pep. it will be a subtle increase from the base model if anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.