7 Reasons To Buy The Infiniti Q30 - Infiniti Q30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 7 Reasons To Buy The Infiniti Q30

Here's a video of 7 reasons why to buy a Infiniti Q30. From features, to it being smoother than the A-Class, cheaper insurance (insurance group 13, no idea what that means), etc.

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I like these shorter informative videos. No fluff or anything, straightforward and to the point.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 12:53 PM

Glad he mentioned the parking sensors. Although they are more of something to you expect to come by default in a vehicle like this, its still good to know we indeed have it.

Being aware of some issues Infiniti has with these systems I'll be on the look out for those same issues showing up here on the Q30.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

To be honest, I always thought parking sensors were for people that just couldn't park for the life of it. BUT after driving a few vehicles that have sensors equipped, I could see how useful they come when you're trying to get real close and precise in the parking spot.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 09:05 PM

The sensors are great for parallel parking as that's my weak point, but for general, parking I'm fine. One problem I can see if drivers get so used to it, they can no longer park without it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 10:20 AM

As silly as that sounds, you are correct. People become way too dependent on technology assistance for driving and totally hinders their capabilities in general. For example, someone getting used to blindspot warnings eventually stop looking around for themselves when changing lanes.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
As silly as that sounds, you are correct. People become way too dependent on technology assistance for driving and totally hinders their capabilities in general. For example, someone getting used to blindspot warnings eventually stop looking around for themselves when changing lanes.
Part of it is understandable because of the way vehicles are designed these days which is making it harder to figure out how close you are to certain objects. 10 years ago it wasn't so hard, you could easily jump from vehicle to vehicle without the slightest bit of concern.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

10 years ago there weren't a lot of vehicles that had massive C-pillars with tiny windows to the point where you literally couldn't see your blind spot at all. It's just the overall design changes that have been made over time made these tech kind of crucial. You can still get around it without them no doubt, but it does make it a bit easier.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Pat

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I just love the parking sensors and especially the AVM, I could use it on my truck (only rear view camera).

Q30 1.6t DCT Premium Tech - Malbec Black - all options : InTouch, AVM, Bose, Glass roof.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteClass View Post
10 years ago there weren't a lot of vehicles that had massive C-pillars with tiny windows to the point where you literally couldn't see your blind spot at all. It's just the overall design changes that have been made over time made these tech kind of crucial. You can still get around it without them no doubt, but it does make it a bit easier.
Well it requires a change of habit, instead of just relying on looking outside with our eyes, now its that and using the camera. On top of that even some more thought into how we let other drivers drive alongside of us.

Who knows, maybe in the end this is good and makes us better drivers.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page