Spiky Infiniti QX30 At London Art Fair - Infiniti Q30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Spiky Infiniti QX30 At London Art Fair

Worried about people brushing up against you car and scratching it or someone opening their door too wide and dinging your doors? The London Art Fair has a solution for that.

Teaming up with contemporary artist Rachel Ducker, around 48,000 copper tacks were stuck to the car's exterior and it looks like a carpet from a distance. Once you get close enough, you can see each individual tack and they're sharp like a bed of nails.

Besides adding a layer of protection, the copper also changes shades depending on the lighting and the angle you're viewing it at.

Maybe it's not be entirely legal to drive around in a nail bed travelling at 60 mph but it sure would save you the heartache of find a new dent or scratch on your new QX30.

*disclaimer, I don't know if this is legal or not for public roads and I'm not suggesting you should go cover you car with nails. Just thought this was interesting and wanted to share.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 01:48 PM

With all the copper wire thefts going on i'd be worried about someone stealing it to strip it of all the copper and then selling the copper bits to some metal recycling company Lol.

While you won't have to worry about someone leaning on your car or scratching it, keeping it clean might be a problem since only spraying cleaning products on only does so much, at some point you'll need to bring in elbow grease.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I do like how the paint changes shade depending on how the sun is hitting it. Great idea for a wrap project but those nails could potentially damage me more than someone else. I have a tendency to brush up against my own cars or run into a corner of it. Those nails would pierce right into me.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite View Post
With all the copper wire thefts going on i'd be worried about someone stealing it to strip it of all the copper and then selling the copper bits to some metal recycling company Lol.

While you won't have to worry about someone leaning on your car or scratching it, keeping it clean might be a problem since only spraying cleaning products on only does so much, at some point you'll need to bring in elbow grease.
That was the key thing that stuck out to me haha !

I can only imagine how long this took them to complete, seems tedious

I would be worried about hurting myself more than someone else too.. kinda clumsy lol

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page