The Sweet Spot? - Infiniti Q30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The Sweet Spot?

If you look at trend lines in purchases from world car buyers and ratchet them forward several years, one could safely assume that sedans and small SUVs will ubiquitously take over from Singapore to Sao Paolo. If you're Infiniti and trying to win over owners of BMWs and Audis who don't know your cars exist, you might weld the two trends together intoo a single model, something that's taller than a sedan yet sleeker than a SUV....

Luxury carmakers traditionally build their cachet through bigger cars, but the world's looming traffic and pollution problems will make luxo barges a rare beast indeed. Infiniti is trying to set the trend here wit Q30, and if they can demonstrate the talent for creating a sense of luxury from the inside out, Q30 will not have any issues competing on in highest echelons of luxury...

Infiniti maintains the Q30 concept is 95 percent of what will go on sale in 2015. What do you think won't make the jump to production?

I think the 5% still up in the air for production is the interior. Exterior styling should not change at all, at least if they want people to fall in love with the Q30, its curves are phenomenal, like that redhead who just sauntered by and you would love to get her name...

The seats will not make production guaranteed, as well i have doubts about the gold trim making the jump, but the cluster centrestack and even the door panels look production ready. Also not sure about the full glass roof, it could prove to be expensive and bothersome to manufacture but if Infiniti does swap out the fully glass roof it will change the dynamic of Q30, so we'll see..
post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 03:45 PM

95%?

So the interior is 5% of the car?

Because that is definitely not the interior of the production Q30
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 05:20 PM

infiniti is getting a little ahead of them selves here with saying the concept is 95% like it's producton version. there's no way the percentage will be like that. Just look at the Q50, the Q30 will basically be a Q50 crossover.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:38 PM

Is the Q30 creating a new segment? And if it is then does that mean we will be seeing more of these crossover/sedan/hatchback things from other companies? It seems like that is the way the rend is going at thsi point, which I don't think is a bad thing. It is certainly working with the Q30 concept.

Interior will be much different on the production vehicle and I have a feeling we might lose one or two of those lines that define the side and back end of the Q30 concept. hopefully not too much loss in that department though because that is the best part of the design of this car.

It would also be nice to keep the panoramic roof on the car as that adds a lot to the rear design as well.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteq30 View Post
infiniti is getting a little ahead of them selves here with saying the concept is 95% like it's producton version. there's no way the percentage will be like that. Just look at the Q50, the Q30 will basically be a Q50 crossover.
Yea, whats your point...

I dont see how they could be ahead of themselves if the Q30 looks that similar to Q50.. It means the design language is set and ready to go...

In fact i will be disappointed if the Q30 comes out NOT looking like the Q50..
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 05:26 PM

It always happens though. within the same brand you will always have some similar looks that are signature to the brand but not the entire vehicle. I have to say the Q30 turned out well. Besides the front end there is nothing really the same as the Q50.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

from infiniti q50 to q30, it looks like they just stretched the Q50 front to fit the Q30, just saying
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 01:09 PM

I think they are trying to say the exterior of the car is 95% like the production
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite View Post
from infiniti q50 to q30, it looks like they just stretched the Q50 front to fit the Q30, just saying
Yea well you could make the same argument for all of Audi and BMWs lineups...

I'd rather have the Q30s race running down my lineup then that ugly german frown...
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 03:52 PM

Audi is the worst for that!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page