Puddle of water in back seat of car - Infiniti Q30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Puddle of water in back seat of car

Hi all,

Just got my Infiniti Q30 on Wednesday. Today (Friday) I have found a large puddle of water on the floor in the back of the car on the driver side (right-side as I'm in the UK)!

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on what could've caused it?

The only thing I can think is that maybe my bag strap was hanging out of that door on my drive home from work yesterday. However, it was only a 15 minute drive, and it wasn't even raining, so I don't know how it could've got so wet so quickly.

Of course I can take it back to the dealership if it turns out that there is a fault with the vehicle. Just wondering if this is a common problem.

Thanks,

Pete
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

I should've mentioned that, whilst it wasn't raining when I was driving it, it had been raining earlier and did rain later in the day and overnight (typical British summer!).
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 05:21 AM
Pat

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I would suggest go the dealership right away !

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
I would suggest go the dealership right away !
Thanks for the reply Pat. I've called the dealership so will hopefully be able to get it sorted ASAP!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 06:53 AM
Pat

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Don't mention it and let us know the outcome.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I really don't think having your bag strap hanging out would allow for that much water. The weather proofing strip should still be able to block any moisture from entering the vehicle from any opening. Definitely go to the dealership and have them deal with that. Also check around where the water puddle is to see if anything is damaged because that'll lead to mold, rust, etc. And you definitely don't want that !
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 10:39 AM

Does your Q30 have the the optional panoramic glass roof? Wonder if there's a seal leak there. If you bring your Q30 to the dealership, they'll hose it down and check for leaks while doing it.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
Does your Q30 have the the optional panoramic glass roof? Wonder if there's a seal leak there. If you bring your Q30 to the dealership, they'll hose it down and check for leaks while doing it.
Quite possible that's it since car makers outsource a lot of stuff and it could end up being a part (rubber seal?) from a bad batch.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 09:27 AM

The rubber sealing or weather stripping would be the only thing that could have "failed" for this to happen
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteClass View Post
The rubber sealing or weather stripping would be the only thing that could have "failed" for this to happen
NOT true.....under normal rain conditions any ingress into the cabin of a new car is more than likely due to something missing or badly fitted, water can gain access through a pin sized hole in the body sealant but that much to soak the rear footwell carpet isent a good sign.

Every new car manufacturer puts there cars through a shower test don't be fooled by the name it's an absolute torrent, how that's got past quality control is a mystery but there are numerous entry points...I'd forget the moonroof unless the headliner is wet..it could be the roof rails or a grommet to blame....check the boot is it dry....make sure it's not getting in via the rhr door and running over the kick plate...could the rhr window have been slightly open....check the front footwells is the carpet dry ? Finally withdraw the rhr seat belt to its maximum is the webbing wet ?

But in retrospect it's not your problem take it back and don't live with a car that leaks it's a recipe for disaster given these days how many electronic components and harness connectors live on the floor.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page