Infiniti Q30S Built to Rival Audi A3 - Infiniti Q30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Infiniti Q30S Built to Rival Audi A3

This is the Q30S.

It has a lowered suspension, AWD system and twin-clutch gearbox. Under the hood is a Mercedes-Benz 2.0-litre turbo engine.

When Infiniti first entered the European market it came with some V6 and V8 engines. That didn't really work for them, so now they are trying out smaller turbo engines. The Q60 and Q50 are also being sold with turbo engines, both 20-litre and 3.0-litre versions.

Combines with the beautiful design direction being slowly rolled out through the lineup, I think that Infiniti may be a dark horse right now. Underestimated before having a big breakthrough in and few years.

Q60 Coupe and Q30S Hatch Show Infiniti Has Gone All-Turbo in Geneva

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

For once I think Infiniti has a good chance since it checks off almost all the boxes to be successful in its segment and even to tap into other segments. Plus some people put more trust in Japnaese brands than they do with German... another plus.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 10:09 AM

The lowered body doesn't interest me but the AWD system and twin-clutch gearbox does. The AWD will give you increased grip and handling on all road conditions. who cares about the reduced fuel economy!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 12:48 PM

It sure does, good for winter situations and for more grip overall.

Canada will love it and anywhere else that gets snow

combine that with winter tires and you're in the clear.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 01:38 PM

The biggest variables for Infiniti is marketing and brand reputation. Infiniti has to make sure that people see the Q30. I think many people don't even peruse the Infiniti lineup when shopping for a luxury vehicle. Some people care more about the badge on the car than the design, so Infiniti has to find a way to make sure it's brand is seen as part of that same tier of luxury brands that its competitors are in.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 10:36 AM

I'm sure there's people out there who would like a Audi A3 but you're right, infiniti just doesn't have the same market saturation as the German juggernauts. People may be aware that Infiniti exists but probably doesn't know what Infiniti is offering in terms of product.

They need to somehow push public awareness with the new q30 and they can potentially reach their sales goal.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

I think that they could do well with a celebrity spot in a commercial. Those tend to get a lot of attention. I'm thinking of the Lincoln commercial, and also the Hyundai commercial with Kevin Hart.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 05:25 PM

They sure can and being a vehicle positioned as the brands entry level model, it can benefit them BIG. Definitely not something as easily accomplished with a higher end model, conversions will be far less and overall return not worth the investment... unless it's some amazing flagship (which they don't have)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page