Range Topper Rendered - Infiniti Q30 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Range Topper Rendered

Infiniti is supposed to be building a new flagship sedan based of the Essence Concept. They've billed it the confusing Teutonic term, four door coupe. We'll see, heres the first render...

AG Jeff likes this.
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If Infinti can tap into the 4 door coupe segment, it will do a lot for them. They already have the technology that can complement a car in this segment. Hopefully it ends up looking like this but toned down a bit for production.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 09:41 AM

interesting. i like the render. AWD GTR powered Infiniti anyone? I can see it under the fake sheet metal rendering already. lol

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trals View Post
interesting. i like the render. AWD GTR powered Infiniti anyone? I can see it under the fake sheet metal rendering already. lol
Maybe, but i thought that was supposed to be Q90 or w.e they are going to call it. basically a luxury GTR, while this is supposed to be a flagship sedan, ala S class...
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 07:15 PM

with it being Infiniti's S-Class it better come available as a performance model to rival the S63 AMG, they can do it as we all know, just a matter of seeing it all come together.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite View Post
with it being Infiniti's S-Class it better come available as a performance model to rival the S63 AMG, they can do it as we all know, just a matter of seeing it all come together.
but the S63 is quite a low volume model for Mercedes, I wouldn't say its imperative for Infiniti to have an S63 rival so much as it is to have an interior quality that can match or surpass the quality of Mercedes. Its the only way this vehicle will be competitive. To try and fight Mercedes on price will only lead to losing.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
but the S63 is quite a low volume model for Mercedes, I wouldn't say its imperative for Infiniti to have an S63 rival so much as it is to have an interior quality that can match or surpass the quality of Mercedes. Its the only way this vehicle will be competitive. To try and fight Mercedes on price will only lead to losing.
it's low volume for mercedes and it will also be low volume for Infiniti if they made a Q90 IPL model. More importantly is the regular Q90 models competiting with the lower end S-Class tirms.

Infiniti can battle them on interior design, something they can do, same goes for exterior.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 02:56 PM

Since there hasn't been a previous Q90 this is INfiniti's big chance to show off their design chops. An S-C;ass basically always looks the same from year to year, the Q90 could be something we have never seen before.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcatraz View Post
Since there hasn't been a previous Q90 this is INfiniti's big chance to show off their design chops. An S-C;ass basically always looks the same from year to year, the Q90 could be something we have never seen before.
To be fair, not all car makers come up with significantly different designs for every new generation. I can't think of one mass producing car maker that kept it different every step of the way, even Infiniti is like this.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

if it aint broke why fix it. The S-class undergoes evolutionary changes. On lower spec models tastes and tredns are constantly fluctuating thats why you see such variety redesign to redesign, but in the higher echelons shoppers value consistency.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page