Infiniti's First EV ? - Infiniti Q30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Infiniti's First EV ?

Infiniti seems to be developing a full EV and it seems China will be the first market to see it as that's where there eyes are fixated on. As for renderings, it doesn't really tickle my fancy but of course this isn't anything set in stone. Interior design does look pretty nice though with that center section.

Company President, Roland Krueger:
Quote:
"When I think about EV, we design it for China definitely, even as the first market to launch. We are discussing this internally constantly what is the right timing for Infiniti to have such vehicles"
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 11:52 AM

The Q30 could use an EV variant, give it instant torque for quick acceleration from a dead stop. Make it more zippy as that seems to be one of the gripes people have with the Q30.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

They should pair a EV Q30 with a better automatic gearbox. Some reviewers think it makes the car feel lethargic, but I don't know from where Infiniti can borrow the transmission from.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

I'm sure it'll be a full EV equipped with a different CVT that can handle whatever amount of torque will be thrown at it. My main concern would be how much range are they going to be shooting for.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 12:11 PM

In regards to range, considering what the industry standard seems to be, we'll be looking at around 250 miles or more hopefully ? Considering the size though, it may take a little more, but again considering the size, they'll be able to fit a bigger battery than usual. Think they'll use something from LG like the others ?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 11:45 AM

Most likely. LG seems to be the car battery leader aside from Tesla and I think they have a contract with a few manufacturers on top of Chevy. If they keep improving their batteries and Infiniti works with them, we could see a 250 mile SUV from them.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 11:44 AM

LG Chem has signed battery contracts with 29 global automakers so far. Infiniti could be one of them or at least it's very likely that they'll sign one with LG Chem too. That company seems to have a large portion of the EV battery market.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

I think a 250 mile suv would be great. Chevy is using an LG Chem battery I believe in the Bolt and that was rated for just over 235 miles I think ? But an SUV would be a lot larger compared to the bolt, so it would take a bigger battery to get that range because of the weight right ?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 11:51 AM

by the time Infiniti comes out with their EV, battery technology would have advanced even more and we will most likely see cars hit ranges in excess of 250 mile per charge, a 250 mile SUV isn't really a unicorn in the automotive industry anymore.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 11:50 AM

A 200-250 mile range for a SUV would definitely calm any range anxiety potential buyers could have. Nobody wants to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no charger in sight.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page